Physical Security Engineer (South Bend, IN)
At Presidio, we think, architect, implement and support the practical reality of IT every day. We bring together the best minds in the industry to deliver IT excellence and support the answers to our clients’ IT challenges. As one of the largest IT-as-a-Service solution providers in the U.S., we combine experience and stability with regional expertise and the unique ability to cover local and global business needs. For more information about Presidio visit our website at www.presidio.com.
Presidio has an electronic security systems integration department, that specializes in consulting, designing, project management, installation, and service of small to large and enterprise integrated Security Access Control and Video Surveillance systems. We are looking for a professional, consistent, enthusiastic team member to join this team in the South Bend/Valparaiso IN area. (Regional travel, minimal overnight)
- Runs and installs wire, read blueprints, mount system panels and devices, and wire circuit and electrical connections for access control, Video Surveillance, and detection systems
- Verifies security system /equipment functionality by testing equipment, connections, and signals; identifying and correcting problems
- Respond to customer service calls, troubleshoot and repair as necessary
- Stay current with latest hardware and software versions
- Provide systems administration training to clients
- Attend presales meetings with clients to assist in developing technology solutions
- Work with Presidio Account Managers to design solutions and develop bills of materials
- Assume day to day project management duties during client installations
- Installation of Low voltage cabling
- Reads and reviews project blueprints as required
- Generate proper documentation throughout all phases of a project including closeout
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- The candidate must have 3-10 years of experience installing and servicing integraded security and access/video systems. Pro Watch, Lenel, GE, ONSSI or RS2 certifications are a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Experience installing IP cameras and/or NVRs
- Understanding of and experience working with electrical circuits
- Project Management experience is desirable
- Ability to work independently and manage projects
- Must have the ability to establish rapport and motivate associates at all levels in an effective manner
- Must be able to exercise effective time management skills (prioritize, work on a time line)
- Must have ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must possess strong computer skills and have the ability to effectively use Internet and Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Self-motivated and desire to succeed
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Strong mechanical skills
- Experience installing and terminating CAT 5/6 and Fiber Optic cable
- Excellent communication (Oral/Written) / interpersonal skills
- Job requires installing devises while on all size ladders, lifting equipment up to 50 LBS, and working in confined spaces
- Clean professional appearance
- Works safely and responsibly to avoid injury/property damage, while maintaining a clean work area
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Must meet safe driving policy criteria to be an active company vehicle driver
Presidio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
Presidio, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services; please provide priority referrals to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Presidio has a strict PSL in place and will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Presidio portal. Candidate Resumes/CV\u0027s not submitted through the Presidio portal or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.