Riverview Health is now hiring for its second Emergency Department / Urgent Care facility to open in April, 2020.
This facility is located on 146th street and Hazel Dell Parkway, in Carmel, Indiana.
We invite you to practice your passion and achieve your professional goals in an organization that serves you with personalized attention.
Riverview Health has been an accomplished provider of healthcare delivery for over 100 years, all due to the professional and highly competent care of employees at all levels of the organization. The American College of Cardiology awarded Riverview the Platinum Performance Award in 2019. Riverview is also the only hospital in the state of Indiana to be recognized as one of America's 100 best hospitals for orthopedic surgery in 2019. Additionally, Riverview Health employees provide exceptional service to its patients as evidenced by awards from Healthgrades for Outstanding Patient Experience Award for two consecutive years!
We are currently taking applications for Full-time, Part-time and PRN staff to join this amazing team!
Paramedic EMT-P, Job Functions:
- Provide patients and their family with a customer focused, friendly, reassuring and open environment that encourages patient participation in health care decisions.
- Collect and convey information to RN and physician regarding the health status of patients throughout their visit. Communicate information, both verbally and in writing, to other care team members and explain procedures and treatments to patients to gain cooperation and ease apprehension.
- Perform specialized work initiating emergent or appropriate care, within scope of practice, and under the supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Assist patient with dressing and other ADLs as appropriate. Take vital signs, and measure and record patient input and output. Attach oxygen, oxygen saturation and cardiac monitor as requested/needed.
- Initiate lifesaving measures as needed, i.e., opening an airway, ventilation using bag valve mask, hemorrhage control, chest compressions, stabilization of fracture, cervical spine alignment, etc.
- Stabilize and extricate injured patients from vehicles at facility entrance. Assist patients to and from vehicles and the facility and otherwise transport patients as directed.
- Clean and dress wounds. Set up and assist with procedures as directed.
- Perform phlebotomy duties, basic laboratory procedures, wound cultures, Point of Care testing, EKGs and application of splints. Inserts, monitors, and discontinues non-medicated IV catheters in adults & pediatric population and documents as required.
- Assist in the maintenance and operation of the department.
- May administer limited medications, as ordered by the attending physician, listed on the “Paramedic Medication Administration List“ upon successful completion of the “ED Paramedic Pharmacology Exam“.
- Other duties as assigned.
Paramedic EMT-P, Job Requirements:
- Minimum Education: State certified EMT-P course completion EMT-P Certification, State of Indiana
- Minimum Required: One (1) year of experience working as a paramedic.
Licensure / Certification:
- Minimum Required:
- EMT-P Certification issued by the state of Indiana by date of hire