What You Will Do:
Hours to be Monday-Thursday 5pm-8am
As an on-call and triage nurse for Amedisys hospice you will respond to telephone requests for assistance and perform home visits for hospice and palliative care patients and families in their home setting after-hours and on weekends.
- Answer and respond to incoming calls, referrals, and requests for assistance, completes admissions into care, and make follow-up visits on patients admitted the day prior; as necessary.
- Communicate significant findings, problems, patient's needs, reports changes in condition or environment to the physician, clinical manager and other members of the hospice care team and obtains physician orders as required.
- Maintain flow of communication between in-house staff, field staff and other departments, for coordination of activities and services.
- Participate as a member of the interdisciplinary team in patient care conferences.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse. An employee is this role is only able to provide clinical guidance to patients in states in which the employee possesses a current and unencumbered license.
- Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following: The mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each state's practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in a NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license. See list of Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC)
- Minimum of one (1) year of nursing experience required.
- Current CPR certification.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Certified Hospice Palliative Nurse (CHPN)
- Previous hospice or homecare experience
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.