Hive Media Group redefines what it means to be a people-driven news and entertainment company. Our team focuses on creating and acquiring content properties, which allow us to cultivate solid relationships with our communities, technology experts and advertising partners.
We are looking for a self-motivated, adaptable, and detail-oriented Staff Accountant to join our team. This individual should have a well-rounded accounting background. This is a great role for someone who is seeking increased responsibility in an autonomous work environment! Core responsibilities will include accounting analysis, preparation of reports, balance sheet reconciliation and payroll processing.
This is a full-time position in Carlsbad, CA.
- Ensure compliance with the various federal, state, and local agencies
- Managing accounting functions, key entries into Microsoft Dynamics
- Ensure internal accounting controls are implemented
- Maintain a strong understanding of the automated accounting system including, but not limited to general ledger and payroll systems
- Process customer billing plus manage and report on collection activities
- Prepare monthly reconciliations, accruals, and journal entries
- Perform timely and accurate monthly closings for the consolidated company
- Reconcile operating bank account
- Work with external auditors
- Assist with analysis of financial results and financial preparation
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Handle resolution of account errors and/or omissions
- Follow up on any discrepancies in a timely manner to ensure adequate resolution
- Ensure timely processing and reporting of revenue, expenditures, and taxes
- Responsible for semi-monthly payroll of both employees and contractors
- Ad hoc financial reports, schedules, projects, duties as required
- BS in Accounting or related field
- 2+ plus years of accounting and business experience
- Strong understanding of transaction level accounting in regards to AR, AP
- At least intermediate level Excel
Why work for us?
- Work with talented, smart, and fun colleagues.
- Unlimited PTO.
- 12 paid holidays annually.
- Significant Employer contributions towards for Medical, Dental, and Vision plans for all regular full-time employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) profit-sharing plan with employer contributions.
- Fully stocked kitchen with gourmet coffee machine, healthy and indulgent breakfast foods, and snacks of all kinds.
- Daily catered lunches and “Family Food Truck Day” twice a month.
- On-site gym and game room.
Hive Media Group LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.While performing the essential duties of the job, the employee will be required to talk or hear for frequent communication and the exchange of accurate information. The employee will frequently be required to stand or sit in a stationary position for long stretches of time. The employee will be required to use hands/fingers and reach with their arms to operate computers and other office machinery. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.