Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 and was purposely designed to create a better, more efficient drug discovery platform, establish a new innovation-centered business model, and maximize the value of every medicine created and get it to the people who need it most as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
With the RNA molecule as the basis of our novel drug discovery platform, we are targeting an unprecedented range of therapeutic areas. Our antisense therapies are disrupting diseases and changing their course—from the rarest of conditions, to those that impact millions of people. We currently have three commercial products and more than 40 potentially transformative medicines in our pipeline designed to treat a broad range of diseases.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
RESEARCH OPERATIONS DEV/OPS ENGINEER
We are looking for an outstanding Scientific Software and Development Operations (Dev Ops) Engineer to work as part of our research informatics software team within the Drug Discovery department. Our team's efforts have direct and meaningful impact across Ionis in helping to bring new therapeutics to patients in need. The candidate's primary responsibilities will be to provide strong expertise and capacity for systems integration while helping develop and deploy tools that assist in our drug development process. The candidate will also be responsible for the maintenance of on-prem and cloud computational infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of experience in software development; at least 7 years for the senior level
- Strong with Linux and windows
- Familiar with modern software development operations including cloud web services, Jenkins, VMWare, Docker and bitbucket/github
- Expert knowledge of modern database technology (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Solr etc.) and experience with relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL etc.)
- Experience with Automated systems administration (chef, orchestrate, Docker Kubernetes)
- Administration experience in legacy and modern servers, e.g. Tomcat, Django, node
- Preference for candidate with experience in genomic data
- Able to present work, both verbally and in written form, to diverse audiences, including customers, colleagues, and leadership
- An ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website, www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis and to apply for this position; reference requisition # IONIS02079
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.