Requisition Number: DEMAN02148
The Demand Planner is the primary subject matter expert regarding customer demand and is a key member of the Supply Chain team that is responsible for ensuring we have the right products, at the right place, and at the right time to meet our customers’ needs.
- Forecasting – create, develop, and produce demand forecasts through reviewing historical sales trends and marketing, sales, and financial forecasts; preparing forecast data; and evaluating forecast results. Ensure that forecasts follow established forecasting principles and are maintained in the system. In-depth understanding of statistical forecasting models and variables.
- Collaborate and Teamwork –work with sales, marketing, finance, and purchasing to ensure accurate current and long-term forecasting. Present and make suggestions to other cross-functional teams in terms of demand and forecasts for the categories you support.
- Analyze and Measure – Analyze internal demand stream information, categorizing according to demand patterns along with imputing sales and marketing intelligence into forecast systems. Prepare and present various analyses of forecasting to business leaders.
- Develop, maintain and optimize an 12-18 month rolling sales forecast at the item/customer level using the organization’s demand planning software
- Identify and action visible trends within the various sales channels
- Provide insight to the sales, marketing, purchasing and product development teams
- Provide leadership and facilitation of the monthly Demand review (consensus) process that supports the larger SIOP process
- Compile forecast accuracy and data and develop proactive action plans to address issues/gaps
- Compare forecasts to the financial budgets, providing to senior leadership a clear overview of variances, uncertainty and risk areas to the business
- Analyze market response to new products and use this to develop forecasts for new items not yet introduced
- Contribute to the inventory challenge process (excess and obsolescence) analyzing buying patterns of key customers and how they react to incentives, looking for alternatives to reduce such inventory on hand
- Plan demand cutover strategy when dealing with new technologies and how they affect the transitional demand plan
- Develop strong relationships with the sales, product management, marketing, finance and other cross-functional groups to drive collaborative forecast planning
- Actively participate in the company’s continuous improvement initiatives
- Required to have a strong comfort-level communicating throughout all levels of the organization
- Understand, support and execute all work according to the established procedures of the organization
- Implements and maintains department policies and standards
- Project based assignments as requested
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 2-5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or equivalent work experience in a Demand Planning environment
- Experience analyzing large amounts of information/data and developing fact-based conclusions
- Able to solve problems using various analytical tools, including root cause analysis
- Strong Excel skills are required for this role
- Knowledge of NetSuite, Agile, QAD, Dynasys, Just Enough or other ERP, MRP solutions is preferred
- Demonstrated sense of energy/urgency and ability to learn on the fly
- Ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of the organization and ability to present to leadership on regular basis
- Experience working directly with Sales Teams required
- Strong ability presenting to Leadership teams
- Ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of the organization
- Proactive, organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to work independently
- Strong overall understanding of the supply chain function and how internal customers utilize the demand planning information
- Strong written communication and verbal skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task, set project priorities, establish department/discipline goals and objectives for self
- Computer literacy required; including advanced skills in Microsoft applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PPT, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude, self-motivated and eager to succeed