This position will perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to Accounts Receivable Reporting, Customer Account Reconciliations, Bank Reconciliations, Preparing and Posting General Journal Entries, and Reconciling Balance Sheet Accounts. Back-up month-end duties assigned to other Senior Accountants.
- Prepare and maintain financial records: general ledger, balance sheet, income statement.
- Responsible for grant accounting functions, including review and preparation of budgets and amendments, processing vendor payments, preparation of grant reports and financial documentation maintenance and monthly accruals of expected grant income.
- Has strong GAAP foundation: accrual accounting, revenue recognition, grant accounting.
- Create and process journal entries.
- Complete the month end close process.
- Support accounts payable; review coding.
- Capitalize fixed assets according to Company policy.
- Reconcile intercompany.
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet accounts and schedules.
- Verify accuracy and make recommendations for corrections on account balances.
- Analyze trial balance and monthly financial statements.
- Support annual budget cycle.
- Experience working in a multi-site, multiple general ledger environment.
- Provide consistent and clear guidance of government grants and contracts in compliance with government accounting processes and requirements, including employee time sheets, invoices, contract accounting, monthly closings, maintain monthly files for audit and reporting.
- Oversee grant compliance and processes as it relates to grant accounting, ensure compliance with funding source and administrative guidelines.
- Review reports for consistency, accuracy and compliance with funding sources.
- Review subcontractor agreements and perform needed audits per contract requirements.
- BS degree in accounting or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Three to Five Years grant accounting experience or preforming similar duties.
- Experience in monthly close, preparation of financial statements
- Prior experience with Medhost software or similar
- Experience with general ledger software: MedHost or equivalent
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office; especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint