JOB SUMMARY:This position reports to the Purchasing Manager in a medical device environment. The successful candidate has the proven ability to work with ERP, MRP, Kanban, Min/Max and other inventory control systems to balance supply with demand in a dynamic environment. The Planner/Buyer is responsible for analyzing data, forecasting, performing complete expediting functions, processing orders, and monitoring of purchased goods, as well as buying select lines as determined by the Purchasing Manager. This position works closely with operations, product managers, engineering, sales, QA/RA, and accounting to ensure that customer needs and organizational objectives are met. This position supports material requirements at all levels (i.e., finished goods, subassemblies, and raw material. These objectives include on time delivery, product quality, maintaining acceptable cost models, and minimizing inventory levels.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assures all parts are correctly set up in the ERP system with forecast, safety stock, lead time, cost and attributes as necessary
- Assures daily MRP/Kanban review, placing PO’s as well as responding to system messages.
- Responsible for keeping informed on status of backorders with vendors and informing appropriate internal departments.
- Expedite, follow-up and issue change orders to maintain a clean system environment to support accurate planning.
- Negotiates price and supermarkets with suppliers. Assures PPV goals are attained.
- Acts as contact for customer service for assigned lines to provide detailed information on products status of product availability for backorders and suggest substitutions.
- Assure expedites are completed as well as order reschedules
- Responsible for their assigned area supplier files and approval according to QSR requirements.
- Understands and makes recommendations on inventory to assure inventory turns, 95% service levels, E&O reductions and Kanban accuracy.
- Expedite, follow-up and issue changes to shop floor orders to maintain a clean system environment to support accurate planning.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
- Perform the following duties in a professional way, supporting Ortho Organizers’ Quality Policy. Must understand, follow and comply with regulatory requirements as applicable to various processes. An understanding of FDA Quality System Regulations (21 CFR 820) and ISO Standards (ISO 13485) is required.
This position will be working in an office environment, utilizing typical office equipment.
- 5-7 years proven buying experience in a manufacturing or similar environment
Strong understanding of industry practices within a medical device company in procurement.
High proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures, must demonstrate high proficiency in EXCEL, WORD and other MS Office applications. Advanced reporting tools such as Crystal reports a plus
Good decision making, analysis and problem solving skills with ability to multi-task
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Good presentation and public speaking skills
Good interpersonal skills
Good conflict resolution skills and ability to deliver difficult messages
Ability to build partnerships at all levels within the company, equally as important to build partnerships externally with our suppliers
Resolve complex issues in effective ways
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated ability to manage Inventory Control to minimize inventory levels while optimizing on time delivery.
- 5-7 Years procurement experience in a medical device company
- High proficiency in MS suite of products, especially Excel
- Advance utilization of MRP, ERP and Kanban systems, Macola, Great Plains a plus, but not necessary
- Understands the impact of their position on the P&L, with regards to ITO, working capital and PPV
- Utilization of lean supply chain techniques as supermarkets and kanbans
Understands the need for SPEED in the entire supply chain and works tirelessly to lower lead times.
Acts with the utmost of integrity and adheres to the Henry Schein Code of Conduct and Ethics in all manner of operation.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status