Weston is seeking a hydrologist to provide support for surface water quality, civil and environmental engineering projects including storm and non-storm water flow analysis, storm water and flood control system design, and grading and drainage design
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- B.S. or M.S. degree in hydrology, engineering or similar with 4- 6 years of experience.
- Excellent writing/verbal communication skills for interaction with multi-disciplinary staff, clients and regulatory agencies across our regional organization.
- Excellent organization and operations planning skills.
- Self-starter, detail oriented, and able to produce top quality deliverables and support project development programs with existing and targeted clients.
- Proficient using typical business software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Projects, Adobe, etc.).
- This position may require an estimated 10% travel/field work for site inspections and meetings with client site representative
- HEC-RAS, SWMM, FLOW2D, FLOW3D desirable
- Work with existing models developed or inherited by Weston and construct and calibrate a model from scratch
- Prepare project scopes of work and budget estimates
- Coordinate with internal QA/QC reviewers, financial analysts, and administrative assistants across our regional organization.
- Technical report writing
- Data management/tabulation and analysis
- Field investigations/site reconnaissance including environmental and storm water sampling
- Project permitting and coordination with regulatory agencies
- Data collection
- Erosion/sedimentation control
- Hydrologic and storm water analysis
- Engineering design calculations
- Bid and award services
At Weston Solutions you will do meaningful work and make valuable contributions
A career at Weston means professional growth and access to diverse opportunities in a thriving, interconnected, and supportive community that works together to make a difference in the environment. We take pride in knowing that our people feel they do meaningful work and make valuable contributions to their teams because recent employee survey results show that over 90% agree on these points. Top talent from all paths—recent graduate, ex-military, experienced, and leaders—join Weston to do meaningful work with a focus on dynamic skills growth and long-term career progression.
We fully invest in our people: Weston provides a competitive and comprehensive benefits package program that offers employees high value options with solid financial protection, meeting the individual needs of its people and their families
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with base and matching employer stock contributions
- Parental leave benefits
- Paid time off to include: vacation, sick and holiday time
- Critical illness and accident plans
- Work/Life flexibility
- Professional development opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
- United States (Required)