Schneider is seeking a Driver Services Specialist for our Driver Services department. This role provides customer service to drivers and Owner/Operators in the areas of yard flow, fueling, shipment assignments, regulatory permits, showers, administrative support, and maintenance needs. You will work closely with a variety of departments including Lines of Business, Maintenance, Security Services, Customer Service, Regulatory and Claims. You will also reposition equipment in the Schneider operated yard to ensure the most efficient traffic and flow through the yard in addition to duties in the operating center (driving experience required).
About the role:
- Organizes the Schneider yard by driving and moving tractors and trailers to maximize space and make sure equipment is in the right location, this may include moving equipment to assist the shop when needed. Driving experience required.
- Monitors and analyzes yard demand conditions daily, both visually and by using spreadsheets, reports, charts and graphs. Perform visual equipment checks when doing yard checks and writing up any equipment that needs repairs.
- Operates security gates, handles yard flow, and directs parking. Welcomes drivers at the entrance gate with the use of security cameras and speakers, records unit numbers and status in the computer. Verifies proper security and communicates maintenance procedures as units enter and exit Operating Center gates.
- Completes fuel related duties including completing forms, reconciling fuel inventory stock and posts current fuel prices. Enters fuel delivery data into Web based system.
- Stocks, inventories and issues driver supplies, parts, forms and printed material in accordance with published instructions. Examples: king pin locks, load straps, padlocks, oil, lights, log books.
- Assists drivers with storing and retrieving personal gear when transferring into different equipment.
- Provides drivers with information regarding shipments, relays, trailing unit assignments, and maintenance issues. Identifies loads at risk and other problems. Problem solves and communicates with appropriate resources.
As an Associate you will enjoy:
Schneider offers a clean, safe working environment, with company paid training, safety shoe program and uniforms provided by the company
Performance based pay plan, paid weekly with hourly rate vs flat rate, referral rewards program.
Paid vacation, flex days and Holiday pay as well as a company matched 401K, fully funded Retirement and Profit Share plan
Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance, and wellness programs available to include smoking cessation & adoption benefits, flexible spending account.
Education reimbursement program plus individual development opportunities, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses.
Ideal candidates will have:
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man, one truck and one dream. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to become a $5 billion company (2018 revenue) with one of the broadest portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer experiences.
The Schneider Way:
We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
We are a responsible member of the community.
Safety- first and always
Integrity in every action
Respect for all
Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world.
Apply today at
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.