At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering effective, accessible and efficient healthcare through partnering and employing primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. As part of achieving this goal, the Marketing and Communications team is the expert in telling our organization’s story in a consistent and disciplined way and creating the tools necessary for our employees and partners to consistently support and amplify our brand message.
In this newly created role, you will be a key driver of external communication activities for VillageMD. Building reputation and trust while driving a strong, unique narrative will be critical in this role as we continue to expand brand awareness and support company growth.
While this role will be dynamic in nature, key responsibilities of the Manager, External Communications include:
- Partnering with the Director, Communications to develop and execute an integrated communications strategy, positioning VillageMD as a leading provider of value-based healthcare solutions
- Raise the profile of the corporation, key executives and proprietary technologies through implementation of an integrated communication plan, leveraging media relations, thought leadership, event content, social media, awards and more
- Write B2B and B2C channel- and audience-focused content including, but not limited to, press releases, blog posts, bylines, social media copy, award submissions and more
- Manage inbound media requests, pitching, drafting of thought leadership, building relationships with key publications and organizations
- Support critical communications initiatives, including issues management and executive communications
- Drive strategy for and partner with external vendors including PR agency
- Work across marketing organization to integrate content and messaging consistently across channels
- Develop new processes and protocols, particularly related to reporting and measurement of communication activities and efforts
- Perform other assigned duties
What you bring to VillageMD:
- A bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in a related field
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in healthcare-focused public relations, corporate communications and/or journalism
- Strong business writing skills with the proven ability to communicate in a clear, concise fashion with complex source messaging
- Excellent proofreading and editing abilities
- Strong relationship building, able to work collaboratively with a variety of external and internal stakeholders
- Ability to travel 20-30%
- An optimistic outlook and “can do” attitude
- Understanding of analytics and metrics, able to present data in a compelling way for an executive audience
What will make you successful here?
- You have high emotional intelligence, the ability to forge meaningful relationships, and can successfully navigate diverse stakeholder groups
- You are highly collaborative, yet skilled at influencing others to achieve results
- You are experienced performing under pressure with a strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing what you say you will do
- You are solution-oriented and have a passion for being hands-on in problem-solving and execution
- You are self-starting and maintain a high sense of urgency and accountability in delivering measurable results in line with agreed upon timeframes
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.