Note: This internship is for Summer 2021
Your role as a Project Manager Intern
Our mission is to provide college students with on the job experience and knowledge of the construction process. As a Project Manager intern you will be given hands on opportunities to turn classroom lessons into real life skills in the construction industry.
Throughout the internship, you will have expose to all aspects of a project, start to finish, including the following:
- Job contracts
- Permits and insurance certificates
- Tracking materials & equipment
- Field personal tracking
- Productivity tracking
- Change order submittals and tracking
- Project closeout O&M manuals
- As-recording drawings warranties
What we're looking for in you
- Must be a current student working toward degree in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, or related field
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in the construction industry and project management
- Ability to read and comprehend construction documents
- Demonstrated proficiency of math and analytical skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with good verbal and written communication while working in a team environment
Your life at Harris
As one of the country's leading mechanical contractors, Harris offers you the best of both worlds: the stability, resources and opportunities of a national company, and the team culture, creative spirit and customer loyalty of a local business. If you thrive on variety and new challenges, we want to meet you!
From stadiums to manufacturing facilities, power plants to hospitals, concert halls to classrooms, we handle projects of all sizes and complexity from multiple regional locations across the country.
What our interns are saying
“I've developed more skills and knowledge than I can explain, and the life skills I'll take away from this experience are far greater than anything I could've imagined. Not only will I have transferable skills and knowledge to take with me, but also a network of individuals who truly care and want me to succeed.“ -Former Harris intern
Check out our growth opportunities with our construction career path options: