We are looking for an experienced full-time Landscape Maintenance Chemical Technician/Spray Technician to join our team in a great work environment!
Available Benefits Include:
- Paid time off for sick days - Paid holidays - A week vacation after 1 year - 401k after 1 year - Company subsidized health care
We need people with:
- Positive attitudes
- The ability and willingness to work well with others
- The ability to follow instructions and enjoy working hard in an action-oriented position
- A willingness to work outdoors in all types of weather
- A desire to excel, be punctual and helpful
- An interest in learning new skills and growing with our company
The Chemical Technician performs the applications of and administrative tasks for all aspects of plant health care treatments required on job sites. The Chemical Technician reports directly to the Branch Manager.
The Chemical Technician will utilize manual and powered chemical application equipment while following all safety rules and regulations.
The Chem Tech assists with chemical-related bid proposals, manages project resources and follows all proper procedures for record-keeping and report filing.
The Chem Tech will also train employees on proper chemical handling, usage and reporting.
Responsibilities and Duties: Responsible for distributing and storing all chemical-related products. Follows the direction of Branch Manager. Works independently to perform required tasks in a timely manner. Properly uses all PPE required for each task. Diagnoses insect and disease issues and other plant health care issues.
- Performs application of pesticides and other plant health care chemicals and treatments Ensures proper containers, labels, PPE and chemical application equipment are consistent with company standards and all legal codes
- Provides labor and material information needed to create proposals for plant health care applications
- Maintains tools and equipment to ensure safety
- Attends and leads safety meetings
- Completes administrative forms (time entry, equipment inspections, chemical use reports, etc.)
- Understands, follows and enforces all safety and other company policies and procedures
- Reports and documents safety issues
- Ability to coach and train team members on safe and correct chemical handling and application
- Provides excellent service to our clients, team members and other Bemus staff