Requisition Number: INSUR01184
Since 1996, Surgical Information Systems (“SIS”) has been dedicated to providing surgical care providers with the solutions and services they need to deliver improved operational, financial, and clinical outcomes.
Focused exclusively on perioperative IT, the SIS award-winning product suite is built specifically for the perioperative environment and includes hospital and ASC-focused solutions covering perioperative Electronic Medical Records (EMRs), Anesthesia Information Management Systems (AIMS), ASC business management, and business intelligence and analytics solutions. Services include revenue cycle management to complement SIS’s software solutions.
SIS is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA Award winner, chosen based solely on employee feedback gathered through an employee engagement survey issued by Energage.
For more information, visit SISFirst.com.
Black Book Research Rankings – “Top Technology Solutions: Ambulatory Surgical Centers” February 2020, “Top Technology Solutions: Ambulatory Surgical Centers” April 2019, “Top Ambulatory Electronic Health Records Solutions: Ambulatory Surgical Centers” April 2018, “Top Electronic Medical Records/Electronic Health Records Vendors” April 2017, & “Top Ambulatory Electronic Health Records Vendors Comparative Performance Result Set of Top EHR Vendors,” May 2016.
SIS, the SIS logo, and Surgical Information Systems are trademarks of Surgical Information Systems, LLC. AmkaiSolutions, AmkaiCharts, AmkaiOffice, and AmkaiAnalytics are trademarks of Amkai LLC. AdvantX, Vision, and SurgiSource are trademarks of SourceMedical Solutions, Inc. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owner.
THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION
The AR Specialist is responsible for collection efforts on Insurance Accounts. Will handle the accounts receivable for Ambulatory Surgical Centers, submit appeals and research denials from Insurance Carriers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work accounts receivable as assigned
- Follow up on denials in a timely manner
- Demonstrated experience with writing appeals, initiating appeals/follow-up on appeals
- Must be comfortable interacting with insurance representatives
- Excellent organizational, communication & time management skills
- Knowledge of managed care contracts (i.e fee schedules and allowables)
- Experience working with non-participating providers
- Must have a clear understanding of the insurance collection process
- Ability to solve problems associated with tasks
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of all medical billing, insurance guidelines and appeals process required
- Healthcare Insurance Collecting experience
- Knowledge of computers and Windows-driven software
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Cooperative work attitude toward and with co-employees, management, patients, and outside contacts
- Ability to promote favorable company image with patients, insurance companies, and general public
- Must have a minimum of 40Mbps internet download speed to effectively run SIS Systems
We believe employees are our greatest asset and we empower them to make a difference in our business. Diversity and inclusion makes us all better. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, and all other protected statuses
Surgical Information Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable employment laws. M/F/D/V/SO are encouraged to apply.
At this time we are unable to sponsor H1B candidates