- Requisition ID: []
- Position Title: [[Sr Electrical Engineer, Cape Canaveral (222688)]]
- Location: Cape Canaveral, FL
- Relocation Authorized: [[National -Family]]
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Other Requirements: Pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria, using independent judgment with limited oversight.
- Performs electrical engineering design, including the development of single line diagrams, panel schedules, schematics, connection diagrams, load lists, etc.
- Leads multi-disciplinary design teams on projects of moderate complexity.
- Develops material requisitions and specifications for non-standard equipment and bills of material for off-the-shelf equipment and components.
- Properly interprets and applies codes & standards and customer design requirements, for the preparation of electrical design documents, specifications, material requisitions and system descriptions related to design tasks.
- Conducts document and design checking as required.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities with emphasis on continuous improvement and team building, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Provide guidance on engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria to expand the skillsets of peers
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- BS degree in Electrical engineering with 6 years of related experience.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Hands-on Microsoft office programs and other computer programs.
- Extensive knowledge application of NEC code and ANSI/IEEE Standards.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical systems, schematics and electrical equipment layouts.
- Strong understanding of engineering discipline drawings and system calculations such as short circuit and load-flow.
- Ability to size equipment and perform cable sizing calculations.
- Minimum 5 years experience with ETAP and other industry wide electrical system design tools, such as CAD 2D, and electronic Cable Management System.
- Excellent oral & written communications skills.
- MS degree in Electrical engineering with 4 years of relevant experience.
- PE Registration.
- Experience in CREO design tools
- Experience with SETROUTE program and be able to input and complete corrections in the data base
- Previous Bechtel and/or DOD or DOE project experience.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.