Supervisor High Voltage
Requisition Number: SUPER01090
- Works with Maintenance team, both Salary and hourly, to ensure the reliability and maintainability of current equipment.
- Provides leadership and technical assistance and guidance to both salary turn foreman and hourly technicians.
- Works with team to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations. Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans.
- Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical MRO suppliers and technical maintenance service providers.
- Develops acceptance tests and inspection criteria.
- Participates in the final check-out of new installations. This includes factory and site acceptance testing that will assure adherence to functional specifications.
- Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines an asset maintenance plan that includes:
- Value-added preventive maintenance tasks.
- Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
- Provides input to a risk management plan that will anticipate reliability-related and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operations.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues. To fulfill this responsibility, the reliability engineer applies:
- Data analysis techniques that can include:
- Statistical process control
- Reliability modeling and prediction
- Failure Effect Mode analysis
- Lean Manufacturing tools and principals
- Six Sigma
- Root Cause analysis (RCA) and root cause failure analysis (RCFA)
- Performs analyses of assets including:
- Asset Utilization
- Overall Equipment effectiveness (OEE) *
- Other parameters that define operating condition, reliability, reliability and costs of assets
- Provides technical support to production maintenance and technical personnel
- Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/design and make/buy decisions
- Approves, updates, supports in the management of engineering records, drawings, documentation and the like.
- Bachelor’s Degree Electrical engineering and 3 years’ experience.
- Advanced computer skills, with emphasis on condition monitoring software Minimum of 5 years (in addition to above) maintenance and reliability, production management, engineering or operations experience
- Ability to develop and manage good working relationships with internal departments, contractors, suppliers inspectors and customers
- Strong mechanical knowledge and aptitude
- Strong knowledge of preventive maintenance programs and the tools associated with failure detection (i.e. vibration analysis, oil monitoring, thermography) as well as the software associated with the predictive tools. Demonstrated problem-solving, decision making, organization and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills: ability to relate to all types of people including our internal and external customers.
- Written and oral communication skills; demonstrated skills in report writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated compliance with good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Knowledge of EPA and OSHA regulations.