Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland and East Central Ohio is currently seeking a Receptionist to join our team in the Canton Office. Reporting to the Manager of Fund Development & Community Relations you act as a receptionist and telephone attendant, relaying incoming and interoffice calls, greeting and directing visitors, handling inquires while maintaining a professional and confidential atmosphere.
- Answer and route incoming calls using DBS console, take messages and page staff as required - daily.
- Greet and direct program participants, patients and visitors; announce them by phone to appropriate staff daily.
- Accept incoming mail from U.S. Postal Service, sign appropriate mail forms then forward to Executive Leadership Assistant - daily.
- Work with Community Campus Partners to ensure their guests and participants are greeted and directed appropriately.
- On-the-job training for Mission Services participants and relief switchboard operators - as needed.
- Implement established emergency communications when indicated in real or simulated emergencies.
- Others duties as assigned.
Integrity, respect for all, customer service, communication, teamwork, decision making, problem solving.
- One year's experience in clerical field preferred.
- Pleasant phone manner, professional appearance.
- Ability to respond quickly and work under busy conditions.
- Ability to train and work well with others.
- Ability to respond to repetitive and constant requests with compassion and understanding
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to multi-task.
- POSITIONS SUPERVISED: N/A
- INTERNAL: Communicate effectively and develop teamwork within the agency.
- EXTERNAL: Represent agency and campus (if in Canton) in a positive way to the community.
- EDUCATION: High school diploma with switchboard experience preferred.
- CERTIFICATION: None
- WORK CONDITIONS: Must be able to deal professionally with upset or unpleasant people. Must be able to perform physical requirements of the position including but not limited to: periods of sitting and responding quickly under busy conditions, inside, sedentary work; frequent forward, horizontal reach at desk; occasional standing, stair climbing, stooping/bending; Must be able to lift/carry up to 20 pounds and walk approximately 60 feet; infrequent crouching/squatting.
- WORK EQUIPTMENT: General office and phone system.
FINANCIAL IMPACT DIRECT/INDIRECT: Must help meet budgeted expectations.
HOURS: This is a part time hourly position of 20 hours.
Background checks and pre-employment drug screens will be performed.
Help Make Good Skills Possible: Join the Goodwill Team Today!
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran