Requisition Number: SITEA04702
Crown Castle works around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the world’s most revolutionary technologies. As the largest shared infrastructure provider in the United States, Crown Castle owns, operates and leases more than 40,000 cell towers, 80,000 small cells and over 80,000 route miles of fiber across every major US market. This nationwide portfolio of communications infrastructure connects cities and communities to essential data, technology and wireless service – bringing information, ideas and innovations to the people and businesses that need them. Crown Castle is a NYSE S&P 500 and Fortune 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $85 billion.
Position Title: Site Acquisition Specialist (5N)
The Site Acquisition Specialist must prepare all applicable entitlement application packages and obtain all required jurisdictional approvals (land use and building permits) for installation, modifications of wireless communication facilities and/or related wireless equipment within expected time frames for the customer’s applications. This position is also responsible for managing the relationship with our jurisdictions and customers.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare various reports related to leasing, zoning, RF, land and building viability, acquisitions and consolidation of tower sites
- Understand and research alternate candidates to identify parcels and buildings suitable for wireless infrastructure deployment
- Coordinate with Sales departments, owners and customer representatives to assist in site acquisition for new deployments
- Zoning research and interview of zoning/permitting personnel to obtain jurisdictional approval requirements for installation of wireless communication facilities and/or related wireless equipment as project scope defines
- Identify and evaluate potential risk scenarios on a per asset basis and present solutions
- Provide candidate-specific recommendations for leasing, land or building use viability, acquisition and exit strategy
- Conduct negotiations with land and building owners to secure alternate locations
- Review Site Candidate Information Packages and other deliverables submitted by third parties to Crown Castle, ensuring accuracy and clarity of documents
- Coordinate with outside vendors as directed, and communicate activities with team members and other departments, as needed
- Document activity and track properties under contract to ensure specific due diligence items are complete
- May serve as SME for particular site project including leasing and land use processing
- Attend site visits for land and/or building candidates, as needed
- Associate’s degree, or equivalent work experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in real estate zoning and permitting
- Ability to work independently as well as with others
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to comprehend zoning codes and real estate documents
- Ability to read and comprehend legal documents such as legal descriptions, surveys, ground leases, easements, deeds, land purchase contracts, mortgages, title policies, subordination, and CAD drawings
- Ability to comprehend real estate financial models
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to produce high volumes of work to deadlines and with accuracy
- Demonstrable problem solving and research skills
Reports to: Manager Network Real Estate
Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Additional Information: N/A
Crown Castle is an Equal Opportunity Employer