OBXtek Inc. is an established, award-winning, service disabled veteran owned business providing information technology and professional management services to the federal government. Our corporate growth has coincided with our investment in our employees as well as in outreach to our civilian and military community.
OBXtek is currently recruiting for Contract Instructor Loadmaster/CI for the MC-130J MDS for the Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC) 492 Special Operation Wing (SOW) and operational units. AFSOC requires on-site contract instructor support for the 492 SOW training operations.
Instructors will provide instruction, in accordance with applicable Department of Defense (DoD), United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM), and Air Force Instructions (AFI) to meet United States Air Force (USAF) proficiency and qualification standards on Air Force administered written examinations and flight evaluations for preparatory courses, initial qualification (basic, instrument, mission), transition (conversion, requalification), upgrade qualification (instructor, aircraft commander, special mission, evaluator, dual qualification of sensor operators), and key staff, continuation, refresher course, etc. training as required to meet the on-time graduation and annual student throughout requirements of this contract. Ensure syllabi tasks are 100% complete within the time specified for the lesson. Other responsibilities include:
- Ensure Syllabus tasks are 100% complete within the time specified in the Syllabus of Instruction for the lesson.
- Ensure completion of Aircrew Graduate Evaluation Program (AGEP) in accordance with applicable Air Force Instructions and training syllabi.
- Use air traffic control services and radio calls during instruction that are in accordance with the most current edition of the Federal Aviation Administration Order 7110.65, Air Traffic Control, or applicable International Civil Aviation Organization manuals and circulars for overseas continental United States (OCONUS) locations.
- Support instruction of the AFSOC Instrument Refresher Course (IRC) with qualified IRC instructors. Numbers of instructors required may vary annually. The government will authorize and fund TDY for candidates to the Advanced Instrument School.
- Support instruction of the Crew Resource Management Course (CRM) and CRM Facilitators Course with qualified CRM instructors. Numbers of instructors required will vary from year to year.
- Support instruction of the Night Vision Devices with qualified aircrew instructors. Number of instructors required will vary from year to year.
- Support the Critique Program with suggested changes/mitigation(s) as required.
This position is at Cannon AFB, New Mexico.
Requries valid Secret Cleance
- Minimum of five (5) years AFSOC aircrew experience required.
- Must have 500 hours in the position they are qualifying in of which 100 hours must be in the same aircraft category.
- Aircraft platform and simulator instructor requirements also apply.
- Instructor certified in accordance with the Mission Design Series (MDS) and are current in US military aircraft within the previous two years OR formerly instructor certified (in the proposed US military MDS aircraft) within the previous four (4) years if the following conditions are met at the time of hiring:
- Inflight instructor evaluations and examinations should be completed in accordance with AFI 11-202 Volume 2 series regulations, Aircrew Standardization/Evaluation Program, Mission Design Series (MDS) specific Volume 2 regulations, Flying Operations, DCMA INST 8210.1C Change 1 (AFI 10-220_IP) Contractor's Flight and Ground Operations, and DFARS 252.2287001, Ground and Flight Risk.
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People…Our Reputation. Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers' knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine.
OBXtek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.