Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Thought Leadership & Communications Leader in Andover, MA or Foxboro, MA location.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Schneider Electric is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic communications professional able to define and deploy a thought leadership and communications strategy for the buildings end market within the Digital Energy Division. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the Thought Leadership & Communications Leader is responsible to drive an integrated internal and external communications strategy in order to build and maintain brand awareness, drive thought leadership, and support Schneider Electric's position in the buildings market. While leading a team of communication professionals, you will be involved in a broad range of initiatives which include media & analyst relations, social media, executive communications, events, external and internal communications.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
- Lead team of communication professionals to drive internal and external communications excellence.
- Builds, owns, and executes the internal and external communications editorial calendar
- Lead the team on media relations to support business growth and public affairs objectives, encompassing trade, national, Tier 1, international and social media outlets
- Drives PR coordination in times of crisis, deal announcements, and financial communications
- Lead the team on analyst relations to engage and build relationships with influential stakeholders and analysts
- Identify and develop 360-degree story telling opportunities for the buildings end market, positioning the Schneider Electric brand with key influencers in the communities
- Build and support thought leadership strategy based on thorough analysis of the businesses' thought leadership potential in key areas relevant to the market
- Enhances the communication capabilities and positioning of executive leadership team
- Engage our employee community with relevant and insightful topics and activities while also animating as key ambassadors.
- Identifies and supports major events (Schneider Electric led & 3rd party)
- Develop and leads the deployment of social media and digital influence strategies across our business on multiple platforms.
- Ensure measurement and reporting of objectives
This job might be for you if:
- Bachelor's degree (preferred in marketing and/or management)
- MBA preferred
- 8-10+ years' in communications (Thought leadership, PR, AR, Social Media)
- Experience in buildings market a plus
- Proven track record of developing innovative and disruptive communication strategies
- Ability to effectively interact at all levels of the organization from senior level executives to all other employment segments, and effectively work and lead by influence in a matrix organization
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, highly inclusive, strong collaborator and team player who operates well in a team of teams
- Strong influencing and presentation skills with the ability to conceptualize, structure, write, and present compelling stories for a wide range of audiences
- Must have a superior ability of planning an editorial flow that follows and supports the business strategy, as well as demonstrated writing skills.
- Open to change and must embrace the concept of continuous improvement
- High degree of initiative, pro-active management, and leadership skills
- Experience managing individual contributors
- Able to prioritize, and set clear expectations with stakeholders
- Able to work in a multifunctional team and with global teams and different cultures
- Strong English communications - written and verbal
- Ability to travel <20>
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401K plus match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: .
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We're recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.