Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- You will lead tasks associated with performing preliminary and detailed energy engineering studies of complex projects of unlimited scope and size.
- Assist in training & developing of junior engineers on the team.
- You'll coordinate and prioritize workload to ensure project deadlines and budgets are met.
- Provide reviews of baseline energy models, energy savings estimates and utility cost savings estimates for basic and intermediate level projects to ensure plausibility and identify any financial risk.
- Perform energy-use baseline analysis, including utility rate simulations.
- Generate baseline energy models and perform energy savings calculations.
- Direct the methodologies of performing energy savings calculations and identify any risk associated with the projections.
- Assist in identifying and defining project scope and performing high-level project cost & savings estimates.
- Prepare technical audit reports.
- May contribute to strategizing the sell of a project with the salesperson and managers.
- May assist in sales presentations.
- Develop projects that meet or exceed the divisional goals and objectives.
- Other duties may be assigned.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- Four-year science or engineering degree.
- Ten years relevant work experience.
- Advanced understanding of building systems and energy use.
- Intermediate understanding of renewable generation and cogeneration systems.
- Intermediate understanding of energy modeling software, such as eQuest, HAP, or Trane Trace.
- Intermediate understanding of utility rate analysis and coordinating with utility companies.
- Experience in establishing energy savings estimates for retrofit projects and defining Key Operating Strategies.
- Advanced ability to use Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to, the ability to influence and persuade internal and external Customers, listen effectively, solicit input from others, and coordinate with design engineers to ensure alignment in energy savings estimates.
- Intermediate organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently, and the ability to manage resource procurement and utilization.
- intermediate employee training and mentoring skills.
- Intermediate understanding of Performance Contracting.
- Certified Energy Manager certification is preferred.
- Professional Engineer license is preferred.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k) match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.