Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
EY Technology supports our technology needs through three business units:
Client Technology (CT) - focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables EY to identify new technology-based opportunities faster and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
Enterprise Technology (ET) â ET supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the cheapest possible cost for quality services. ET will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
Information Security (Info Sec) - Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting EY and client data, and our information management systems.
We have an exciting new opportunity in CTâs Delivery Excellence Function that will sit in the Delivery Performance pillar. This role will be highly visible with all leaders in CT and will help the Delivery Performance Leader drive change in the organization with a focus on continuous improvement in how we build and deliver our product.
- Manages discreet parts of analytical projects from data exploration, model building, performance evaluation and testing
- Leverages data to solve strategic, tactical, structured, and unstructured business problems through interpreting complex data from multiple sources and translates this into actionable insights for clients
- Demonstrates problem solving and critical thinking skills to proactively identify and articulate issues
Your key responsibilities
- Manages the delivery of data science insights using a range of tools and methods to create cognitive services involving complex algorithms, machine learning and artificial intelligence methods
- Supports maintenance of governance standards and reporting that directly impacts CTâs ability to structurally become more efficient through standardization across all dimensions.
- Provide root cause analysis on reporting inconsistencies that are escalated up to Delivery Performance Leader for visibility and action
- Supports delivery process improvement opportunities through analysis of data
- Analyze delivery data, identify risk areas and support Delivery Performance Leader in communicating needed courses of action to align with delivery performance standards and KPI.
- Develop relationships within the global technology delivery team as well as cross-functional teams
- Assist in the continual analysis of tools to ensure alignment as delivery needs grow
- Assist in maintaining consistency of standards across delivery
- Assist in the training on standard delivery approach to be supplied to impacted functions.
- Ensure delivery standards are stored in one area and are maintained to align with current practice
- Develops new sophisticated algorithms and improves existing machine learning techniques
- Demonstrates ability to make business recommendations based on the data that drive better business decisions
- Collaborates with relevant business areas to identify new projects and opportunities, understand their requirements, agree success criteria and ensure delivery
- May lead medium sized projects or train / mentor mentors junior team members.
Skills and attributes for success
- Confidently uses most of the related skills and technologies, and maintains an in-depth knowledge of the area
- Power BI knowledge
- Solid knowledge and working experience in design and implementation of continuous improvement plans related to software development.
- Solid knowledge and working experience in complex transformations and building high performing organizations.
- Ability to identify issues or risks with a process and understand key steps to rectify
- Excellent information analysis and presentation skills, with the ability to represent complex information in a simple and meaningful way
- Technical expertise: strong understanding of process improvement techniques, agile methodologies and experience applying these
- Organization skills: organized and committed to meeting deadlines
- Analysis: Help in identifying delivery performance issues by breaking them down into meaningful components to determine root cause and redesigning internal and external business processes.
- Communication: Writes, speaks, and presents clearly and succinctly across a variety of communication settings and adjusts communication style to the audience by translating and articulating technical concepts to non-technical groups.
- âDesigns and conducts research and experiments with recently developed technologies
To qualify for the role you must have
- Has successfully demonstrated domain of most skills and technologies in a large number of relevant projects
- 10 years of experience in managing senior management and management staff in Technology improvement programs with the knowledge and skills listed above
- 10 years of experience in Consulting and designing and driving Operational improvements
- Experience implementing algorithms on big data ecosystems at scale
- Solid experience with relevant programming languages
- Strong experience in the use of complex technologies, including AIâ
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where youâll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way thatâs right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, weâre using the finance products, expertise and systems weâve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, weâll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.