Investopedia is looking for an experienced personal finance editor to join our growing team of financial experts who write and edit content around financial products and services. We are seeking a freelance editor with a background of assigning and editing excellent content around the banking, credit card, and insurance markets, helping consumers make smarter purchasing and investing decisions. Be sure to include links to previous work in one or more of these areas.
About the Role:
You will be responsible for making sure we have the most thorough, well-researched, reliable, and inclusive evergreen content that educates and empowers readers from all walks of life with actionable advice that gives them the perspective they need to manage their financial lives. You should be able to navigate complicated topics and present them in a way that is understandable for a lay audience while providing actionable next steps for people from all backgrounds.
- Depending on the topic, these evergreen articles will be 700-1000+ words in length and edited according to Investopedia style and format, including fact checked, cited documentation from original sources.
- Owned by Dotdash, Investopedia has a traditional freelance model that pays writers and editors to create content on their own schedule without limiting their ability to work on other projects.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of one or more of the specific areas of expertise listed above—and demonstrated experience editing for well-recognized outlets on these topics.
- 5+ years of experience publishing financial content in well-respected outlets.
- Strong editorial skills and a keen sense of how to help readers make educated purchasing decisions of financial products and services.
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to produce well-researched, well-documented, and publishable copy.
- Strong desire to help make all people smarter in their financial lives.
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.