Do YOU have a passion for working with Data? At Clarity Insights, we are passionate about data, problem solving and driving value to make a difference with our clients. Clarity Insights is the largest independent professional services firm focused exclusively on data analytics solutions. Our Data Strategy Service Line is expanding and looking to develop in multiple US Regions.
Clarity’s Delivery Service Lines have one vision: to drive better business outcomes through data and analytics. We provide data analytics advisory consulting services. We believe that nothing sells like great delivery, and are committed to our people and client delivery excellence. With continuing, aggressive growth plans for the next five years, Clarity is seeking outstanding data analytics leaders to successfully qualify, propose, close and lead client solution delivery.
Clarity is looking for a Data Governance Specialist to lead a Data Governance Strategy client engagement. We are looking for an experienced resource to play a leadership role on a delivery team. We are looking for experienced data management professionals to lead enterprise data management strategy and data governance engagements. This person would use proven assessment and workshop methodology to deliver high value data governance strategies and execution on those strategies.
The Data Governance Specialist performs the following tasks:
- Help execute Data Governance Assessment engagements and workshops based on Clarity’s methodology
- Manage client expectations and relationships, establish credibility at all levels within the client and build problem-solving partnerships with the client and colleagues
- Facilitate interview sessions with business stakeholders to understand, define and business requirements gathering, data capturing and analysis, and business rule identification
- Engage in tool evaluations from a data management perspective
- Create data governance strategies and deploy recommendations and roadmap
- Lead the data Governance Working Group facilitated sessions and discussions, track and follow up on action items, records and distribute meeting minutes
- Set priorities for data governance activities
- Ensure that the policies and processes created are carried out
- Coordinate with the Data Governance Working Group
- Train the Data Governance Working Group in best practices in data quality, data management, and data definitions
- Communicate Data Governance direction, coordinate and demonstrate Data Governance depth in discussions with the client
- Define a current state discovery analysis and needs assessment
- Provide gap analysis from a data governance perspective, highlighting current state, future state, client needs, best practices, and solution offerings
- Develop roadmap/methodology required to move from current state to future state
- Drive DG strategy, Process, requirements and the implementation roadmap
- Provide expert knowledge of enterprise Data Governance strategies and best practices
- Convene subgroups of the Data Governance work groups to execute prioritized data governance activities and to address critical data issues
- Establish, document, and communicate policies and processes for managing enterprise data and the metadata repository
- Identify potential areas where existing policies, processes and standards require change or where new ones need to be developed to ensure Data Governance objectives are met
- Facilitate change management processes and tasks
- Lead/support project management activities and report on project status, risks and issues
- Experience in Data Governance, Data Stewardship, Data Quality, Master Data Management and Data Warehousing
- Understanding of enterprise information Management and data management principles
- Experience managing metadata in a repository or supporting a data management program
- Experience with industry leading metadata and data quality tools
- Knowledge of data governance industry best practices
- Understanding of governance structures and frameworks
- Experience in developing and implementing data governance policies, processes and standards
- Experience gathering data, soliciting information and synthesizing feedback
- Ability to facilitate small group (up to 20) discussion and decision making
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to deal with multiple and sometimes conflicting personal agendas
- Professional on-site consulting experience, preferably with a large systems integration firm or for an enterprise software services arm
- Excellent writing skills, ability to produce well-structured project presentations and deliverables
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to tailor messages to different levels of the business and interact with all levels and functions within an organization
- Ability to navigate and work effectively in a dynamic environment, maintaining strong relationships across functional teams
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of computer systems analysis, consulting, and IT management experience
- Proven analytical skills to properly evaluate and interpret cross-functional data standardization requirements
- Management style that exhibits high energy, strategic thinking, collaboration, direct communication and results orientation
- Prior consulting experience as a member of small or large requirements teams, gathering and analyzing data and preparing for key status meetings
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be willing to travel up to 75% to the client site on a weekly basis. National Travel required
Why Clarity Insights, Why Consulting and Why Now?
We don’t try to be everything to everybody all the time. We specialize in Data & Analytics and will remain a platform and tool agnostic company so you can grow technically throughout your career. It sounds ridiculous but you actually need to be 100% technical and 100% business with strategy because we don’t hire non-communicative robots who have a one size fits all approach. We often could speak to a CFO or Head of Underwriting about a business or finance problem, and based on the need for real-time and affordable scalability, we can outline – in terms they can understand – why they should think about a cloud solution for big data and analytics. If we step across to the DevOps lab, we can easily pick up on a conversation about Apache committers, OSF, full stack development, microservices, containers and much more. We’re not trying to boil the ocean. We want to grow from 400 people to 1700 people in 4 years to take the market an accessible set of consulting skills. We have a lot of fun together. Most people join here and stay here for the people.
Clarity Insights is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity.