Work remotely due to COVID-19
What you will be doing
- Play a key role in the business planning and review processes, providing analytical and strategic support to internal customers throughout our business.
- Leverage data analytics and visualization tools to deliver insights on operational trends within the business.
- Build advanced quantitative analysis and financial models.
- Become a subject matter expert in your assigned functional areas and work closely with business leaders to set and achieve financial targets.
- Perform in-depth analysis of critical business activities and business units in order to determine upcoming opportunities as well as business risks.
- Able to participate in the creation of annual forecasts and budgets and able to identify material drivers to variance analysis.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual internal and external reporting schedules, as well as automating reporting processes.
- Play a strategic role in the reporting and planning of the company’s workforce and operational management.
- Assist with other ad hoc tasks to ensure the FP&A team meets their deliverables.
- Live the Zappos values daily and WOW customers, co-workers, supervisors, external contacts, etc. with a focus on Doing More With Less.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor degree required; Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Administration or Statistics degree a plus.
- Minimum of 3-6 years of analytical work experience in merchandising and/or finance.
- Excellent knowledge of data structures, analytical and modeling skills.
- Ability to understand and optimize workflow processes and systems.
- Advanced knowledge in Excel is required.
- Python, R, VBA or other scripting experience is a plus.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with track record of meeting tight deadlines.
What you didn’t know about the team:
- Each year around Halloween the entire FP&A team puts on an incredibly terrifying haunted house for the Zappos employees.