Do YOU love working with Data in machine learning, real-time analytics, or Big Data in a Cloud environment? Do you find that you want to choose other technologies but work for a vendor that limits the options that you can recommend? We are looking for a Data Expert to help us help our clients evaluate and implement big data and advanced analytics solutions in the Cloud. At Clarity Insights, we only provide Data & Analytics expertise. It’s all we’ve ever done and we love specializing in it and working on hard problems.
Clarity Insights is the largest independent professional services firm focused exclusively on data analytics solutions. Our Products Practice is expanding and looking to develop in multiple US Regions. Clarity’s Delivery Practices have one vision: to drive better business outcomes through data and analytics. We provide data analytics advisory consulting services. We believe that nothing sells like great delivery, and are committed to our people and client delivery excellence. With continuing, aggressive growth plans for the next five years, Clarity is seeking outstanding Oil & Gas industry data analytics leaders to successfully qualify, propose, close and lead client solution delivery.
The Engagement Manager (EM) is responsible for understanding and qualifying new business opportunities, driving proposal generation and presentation, leading and contributing directly to client solution delivery, and ultimately ensuring the client’s full satisfaction. The Products' EM is also a key leader and mentor for Clarity Insights consultants at all levels, assembling and managing high performance client project teams, and contributing to the development of individuals, the Products Practice, and Clarity Insight overall. He/she manages client P&L and related business performance, with direct revenue and margin growth objectives.
Successful candidates have technical expertise and significant leadership experience with enterprise-class data analytics technology and solutions in the Oil & Gas industry.
As a key Clarity, Products, and client leader, the Products' EM establishes effective, collaborative working relationships with Clarity executives, Products' Practice Leaders, Solution Architects, and Senior Business Analysts, and with Service Line Directors and consultants across our core delivery competencies including Data Science, Data Engineering, Data Visualization, Data Strategy & Cloud.
A career at Clarity Insights is different—our people and culture (we are a “consultants’ consulting company”), our relentless client service commitment, and our specialization in data analytics—set us apart. We have the data analytics expertise and scale to compete with the largest systems integration firms, and yet still provide the nimble, focused, bespoke experience of a boutique.
Business development responsibilities include...
- Build fully satisfied, reference-able client relationships, and actively contribute to the positive reputation of Clarity among prospects and in the market
- Assemble and lead collaborative, high-performing business development and delivery teams
- Create high quality introductory presentations, proposals, Statements of Work, deliverables, and other client- and market-facing content
- Lead the delivery at least $2.5M in recognized annual services revenue
- Manage the profitability (direct revenue and expenses) of client engagements in accordance with client commitments and internal policies and rules
- Appropriately leverage and protect Clarity intellectual property in business development and delivery
Personal utilization responsibilities include...
- Play a valuable business and/or technical leadership role(s) in client solution delivery, including leading the client team’s delivery performance, identifying and responding to delivery extension/expansion opportunities, and actively managing the client relationship and expectations
- Achieve an annual utilization target set by Clarity
Clarity internal contribution responsibilities include...
- Mentor employees and contribute to their individual development, and lead performance management processes for client delivery teams
- Continuously learn about clients, target market segments, and data analytics business and technology trends, and effectively communicate/share information with colleagues
- Participate regularly in effective recruiting, candidate interviewing, and employee on-boarding activities
- Build, cultivate, and curate Clarity intellectual property that contributes to business development and client delivery performance
- Assist others in achieving business development and client delivery goals by providing leads, content, peer review, qualified client references, and other sharing that promotes success
- Publishing content and/or creating and delivering presentations that effectively promote the Clarity brand
- Actively participate in and support organizational development and process improvement initiatives
- Constructively share ideas, observations, and evaluations that could contribute to Clarity’s client, people, and business goals
Required key qualifications include...
- Minimum 8 years of recent, progressive experience and demonstrable expertise in enterprise-class data analytics solutions and services
- Minimum 5 years of recent, progressive experience and demonstrable expertise in the oil & gas industry is required
- Minimum 4 years of recent, progressive experience in a management consulting leadership role
- Minimum 2 years of recent leadership experience in enterprise-class data analytics projects (Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse solutions is required)
- A strong understanding of market-leading data analytic technology platforms, roles, and trends
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including experience writing custom proposals, responses to Requests for Proposal, Statements of Work, data analytics advisory deliverables, and executive-level presentations
- Recent work references related to industry and data analytics expertise, and people and program/project leadership experience
- Completion of a B.S./B.A. degree or equivalent
- Evidence of eligibility to work in the U.S. for any employer without work sponsorship
- Travel to the client on a weekly basis is required. Normal weekly schedule is M-TH travel to client location (U.S. based)
- Prefer candidates local to the Houston, TX area, but will consider candidates that reside elsewhere within the U.S.
Qualifications in one or more the following areas include...
- Deep expertise/experience with one or more market-leading, enterprise-class data analytics platforms
- Expertise/experience with the application of innovative data analytic technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, R, and other open source and proprietary data analytics platforms and tools
- Expertise/experience with the application of cloud-based or –related data analytics technologies such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or other cloud platforms and service providers
- Expertise/experience with Agile project delivery methodology for software development
- Completion of an M.S/M.B.A. degree is preferred
At this time, we are only considering candidates interested in full-time employment who do not require visa sponsorships or transfers.
Clarity Insights is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity.