Hinge Health’s mission is to improve the lives of people suffering from chronic conditions by digitizing the delivery of care - starting with musculoskeletal health. Our vision is to be the world’s most patient-centered Digital Hospital. We’re already achieving remarkable outcomes - helping people overcome chronic pain, avoid surgeries, return to work, and get back to doing the things they love. We've raised close to $37M and our growth shows no sign of slowing.
At Hinge Health, we consider our Health Coaches part of our secret sauce! Our Coaches work with each of our program participants to help them establish a routine with the Hinge Health app, and support them in establishing successful long term habit change around movement and a healthy lifestyle. Each of our Health Coaches are full time M-F employees with benefits.
We have a few different locations for this role - downtown San Francisco (our HQ), downtown Chicago, northeast Minneapolis, downtown Portland, and home-based anywhere in the US.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN OUR COACHES
- Empathetic and non-judgemental. You know how hard it can be to change old habits so you never give up on people.
- Willingness to become experts in translating best practice coaching to a digital forum. Our coaches are creative and adaptable to coaching our program participants via text, phone, and email.
- Exceptionally detail oriented and organized. You'll need to be able to confidently and proactively manage a large number of program participants (200+) at once.
- Independent, flexible, and able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment that encourages critical thinking and creative problem-solving.
- You have an inviolable commitment to privacy. We operate on a highly developed security platform and expect our coaches to uphold this standard of safety.
- Leverage Hinge Health coaching platform (which includes a detailed curriculum and a steady stream of data on patient performance and progress) to make strategic, effective coaching decisions.
- Listen openly to participant challenges, get creative in adapting to their needs, and work with them toward healthy lifestyle changes, while keeping them focused and energized.
- You'll be on the front-line of our product - interacting with program participants every day. That'll give you an incredible opportunity to see what's working and what isn't. This comes with the responsibility of being constantly inquisitive - to analyze user data and behavior, critically assess our coaching approaches, and relay your insights and feedback to the Product and Engagement Teams.
- Your opinion is valued from day 1 and we just love fresh eyes.
- 2+ years in health coaching or behavioral health
- Experience with medium to large case loads at a time (75+ participants/members)
- Professional Health Coach Training from a NBHWC accredited program. NBHWC Board certification not required but preferred. Behavioral/mental health training accepted as an alternate.
- Demonstrated prior experience working with behavior change or chronic disease management, including but not limited to MSK, diabetes, weight loss & nutrition, mental health.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Full time position with competitive salary and meaningful stock options
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Daily lunch
- Professional Development budget
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Noise-cancelling headphone
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
If you think you can add something unique to our driven, empathetic, and talented team, we'd love to meet you! Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.