Under the direction of a Training Lead, the Training Designer is responsible for the following:
- Planning and developing training curriculum based on training needs analysis developed by Training Lead.
- Development of training documentation using his or her review and understanding of system and process design and thru proficient use of Training Documentation tool(s), and following development standards set for the project.
- Following standards to allow integration of training materials in a Learning Management System.
This position will be responsible for development of instructional courses relating to ERP software (SAP, Infor, Oracle, JD Edwards, Peoplesoft, Workday, etc.). The resource should have significant experience working with multiple Training Documentation Tools (SAP Enable Now, Ancile uPerform, Oracle UPK, Captivate, Camtasia, Articulate, Assima, etc.) and Learning Management Systems (Cornerstone, SuccessFactors etc.) This position applies time management skills as it requires development of excellent course materials while adhering to project timelines. The Training Designer is also expected to promptly identify issues or risks to the Training Lead as well as recommend solutions.
- Bachelor Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- A minimum of five to seven (5-7) years working with ERP software
- A minimum of five to seven (5-7) years of experience designing and delivering instructional courses
- Excellent Training Development and Design Skills using Training documentation tools such as
- Creating storyboards and developing self-paced training
- Ability to analyze information from a variety of sources and determine what end users need to know.
- Ability to understand software driven business processes
- High-level understanding of basic business processes in ERP software (Finance, Logistics, Human Resources)
- Excellent time management skills
- Deep knowledge of instructional design principals and technologies
- Strong communications skills including exceptional writing ability
- Experience in working independently and remotely with Subject Matter Experts
- Attention to detail
- Strong English communication skills, both written and spoken
- Schedule flexibility due to global reach of projects