Do YOU have a passion for working with Data? Do you love working in machine learning, real-time analytics, or Big Data? Interested in learning and utilizing different technologies without limitation? We are looking for a Data Expert that will help our clients evaluate and implement big data and advanced analytics solutions in the Cloud and on-premise. At Clarity Insights, we specialize in providing Data & Analytics expertise that result in real and measurable business outcomes. We are passionate about data, problem solving and driving value to make a difference with our clients.
Clarity Insights is the largest independent professional services firm focused exclusively data analytics solutions. Our practices have one vision: to drive better business outcomes through data and analytics. We provide data analytics advisory and solution delivery consulting services. We believe that nothing sells like great delivery, and are committed to our people and client delivery excellence.
The Big Data SA is a technical hands-on role and is responsible for understanding, qualifying and estimating new business opportunities from a technology perspective, supporting proposal and SOW generation, making presentations, and leading and contributing directly to client solution delivery. Typically, he/she performs the following: assessment, definition and planning of enterprise, solution and component data analytics architecture and technology; hands-on role in crafting and executing technical delivery and POC initiatives; and leadership of solution design and engineering teams. The Big Data SA is also a key leader and mentor for Clarity Insights technical consultants at all levels, assembling and managing high performance client and internal teams, and contributing to the development of individual, practice, and Clarity Insights technical capabilities.
As a key Clarity, SA, and technical data analytics leader, the Big Data SA establishes effective, collaborative working relationships with Clarity executives, Partners, Engagement Managers, Service Line leaders and consultants across our core delivery competencies including Data Science, Data Engineering, Data Visualization, Data Strategy and Cloud service lines.
A career at Clarity Insights is different—our people and culture (we are a “consultants’ consulting company”), our relentless client service commitment, and our specialization in data analytics—set us apart. We have the data analytics expertise and scale to compete with the largest systems integration firms, and yet still provide the nimble, focused, bespoke experience of a boutique.
Required key qualifications include....
- Bachelors Degree and 5+ years of work experience
- Minimum 5 years of recent, progressive experience and demonstrable technical expertise in enterprise-class data analytics solutions and services
- Minimum 2 years of recent, progressive experience in technical consulting leadership roles
- Minimum 2 years of recent leadership experience in enterprise-class data analytics architecture, including enterprise and solution architecture assessment/definition, and significant depth in two or more data analytics solution architecture components (i.e., data management, data integration, information delivery, and/or advanced analytics)
- Technical expertise/experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Architecture and applications on or incorporating innovative data analytic technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, R, and other open source and proprietary data analytics platforms and tools
- Architecture and applications on or incorporating cloud infrastructure-, platform-, and/or software as a service (particularly data analytic solutions on Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or other cloud platforms and service providers)
- Experience in core business system (e.g., new deposit/lending systems, or new policy admin/claims systems) transformation programs, with a focus on related changes in data analytics architecture, engineering, and business capabilities
- A strong understanding of market-leading data analytic technology platforms, roles, and trends
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including experience estimating technical solution builds, and contributing to custom proposals, responses to Requests for Proposal, Statements of Work, advisory deliverables, and executive-level presentations
- Recent work references related to industry and data analytics architecture, technology, and design/engineering leadership expertise
- Travel to the client on a weekly basis is required. Normal weekly schedule is M-TH travel to client location (U.S. based)
Preferred qualifications include...
- Certifications in and/or deep expertise with market-leading, enterprise-class data analytics platforms
- Expertise/experience with Agile project delivery methodology for software development
- Completion of an M.S/M.B.A. degree, particularly in an industry-related or technical data analytics-related program
Why Clarity Insights, Why Consulting and Why Now?
We don’t try to be everything to everybody all the time. We specialize in Data & Analytics and will remain a platform and tool agnostic company so you can grow technically throughout your career. It sounds ridiculous but you actually need to be 100% technical and 100% business with strategy because we don’t hire non-communicative robots who have a one size fits all approach. We often could speak to a CFO or Head of Underwriting about a business or finance problem, and based on the need for real-time and affordable scalability, we can outline – in terms they can understand – why they should think about a cloud solution for big data and analytics. If we step across to the DevOps lab, we can easily pick up on a conversation about Apache committers, OSF, full stack development, microservices, containers and much more. We’re not trying to boil the ocean. We want to grow from 400 people to 1700 people in 4 years to take the market an accessible set of consulting skills. We have a lot of fun together. Most people join here and stay here for the people. That said, we are popular so we do rack up some travel miles. I have a million things to share about why that may change and why that must stay the same for now, but here’s a suggestion – if you LOVE Cloud Computing for Big Data and/or Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, etc we should talk.
Clarity Insights is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity.