Do YOU have a passion for working with Data? Do you love working in machine learning, real-time analytics, or Big Data? Interested in learning and utilizing different technologies without limitation? We are looking for a Data Expert that will help our clients evaluate and implement big data and advanced analytics solutions in the Cloud and on-premise. At Clarity Insights, we specialize in providing Data & Analytics expertise that result in real and measurable business outcomes. We are passionate about data, problem solving and driving value to make a difference with our clients.
Clarity Solution Group is the largest independent professional services firm focused exclusively data analytics solutions. Our FSI Practices have one vision: to drive better business outcomes through data and analytics. We provide data analytics advisory consulting services. We believe that nothing sells like great delivery, and are committed to our people and client delivery excellence. With continuing, aggressive growth plans for the next five years, Clarity is seeking outstanding FSI industries data analytics leaders to successfully qualify, propose, close and lead client solution delivery.
The Insurance Solution Architect (SA) is responsible for understanding, qualifying and estimating new business opportunities from a technology perspective, supporting proposal generation and presentation, and leading and contributing directly to client solution delivery. Typically, he/she performs the following: assessment, definition and planning of enterprise, solution and component data analytics architecture and technology; hands-on role in crafting and executing technical proof-of-concept initiatives; and leadership of solution design and engineering teams. The Insurance SA is also a key leader and mentor for Clarity Insights technical consultants at all levels, assembling and managing high performance client technical teams, and contributing to the development of individual, the Insurance Practice, and Clarity Insights Service Lines.
Successful candidates have expertise and significant leadership experience with enterprise-class data analytics technology and solutions in one or more of the following Insurance segments:
Property and casualty
Brokers and agencies
Insurance data/information and related services
As a key Clarity, Insurance, and technical leader, the Insurance SA establishes effective, collaborative working relationships with Clarity executives,Insurance Partner, Engagement Managers, and Senior Business Analysts, and with Service Line Leaders and consultants across our core delivery competencies including Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Visualization, Data Strategy and Cloud.
A Clarity career is different—our people and culture (we are a “consultants’ consulting company”), our relentless client service commitment, and our specialization in data analytics—set us apart. We have the data analytics expertise and scale to compete with the largest systems integration firms, and yet still provide the nimble, focused, bespoke experience of a boutique.
- Build fully satisfied, reference-able client relationships, and actively contribute to the positive reputation of Clarity among prospects and in the market
- Assemble and lead collaborative, high-performing technical teams in business development and delivery situations
- Create high quality technical content for introductory presentations, proposals, Statements of Work, deliverables, and other client and market-facing content
- Assist with business development activities that produce client/project wins and revenue growth
- Support the profitability (direct revenue and expenses) of client engagements in accordance with client commitments and internal policies and rules
- Appropriately leverage and protect Clarity intellectual property in business development and delivery
- Play a valuable technical leadership role(s) in client solution delivery, including leading the client team’s technical delivery performance, identifying and responding to technical delivery extension/expansion opportunities, and actively managing the client relationship and expectations
- Achieve an annual 81% billable utilization target (66% minimum)
- Mentor technical employees and contribute to their individual development, and lead performance management processes for technical delivery teams
- Continuously learn about clients, target market segments, and data analytics business and technology trends, and effectively communicate/share information with colleagues
- Participate regularly in effective technical recruiting, candidate interviewing, and employee on-boarding activities
- Build, cultivate, and curate Clarity intellectual property that contributes to business development and client delivery performance
- Assist others in achieving business development and client delivery goals by providing leads, content, peer review, qualified client references, and other sharing that promotes success
- Publishing content and/or creating and delivering presentations that effectively promote the Clarity brand
- Actively participate in and support organizational development and process improvement initiatives
- Constructively share ideas, observations, and evaluations that could contribute to Clarity’s client, people, and business goals
- Minimum 8 years of recent, progressive experience and demonstrable technical expertise in enterprise-class data analytics solutions and services
- Minimum 4 years of recent, progressive experience and demonstrable expertise in an Insurance industry segment
- Minimum 4 years of recent, progressive experience in technical consulting leadership roles
- Minimum 2 years of recent leadership experience in enterprise-class data analytics architecture, including enterprise and solution architecture assessment/definition, and significant depth in two or more data analytics solution architecture components (i.e., data management, data integration, information delivery, and/or advanced analytics)
- Technical expertise/experience in one of the following areas:
- Architecture and applications on or incorporating innovative data analytic technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, R, and other open source and proprietary data analytics platforms and tools
- Architecture and applications on or incorporating cloud infrastructure-, platform-, and/or software as a service (particularly data analytic solutions on Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or other cloud platforms and service providers)
- A strong understanding of market-leading data analytic technology platforms, roles, and trends
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including experience estimating technical solution builds, and contributing to custom proposals, responses to Requests for Proposal, Statements of Work, advisory deliverables, and executive-level presentations
- Recent work references related to industry and data analytics architecture, technology, and design/engineering leadership expertise
- Completion of a B.S./B.A. degree or equivalent
- Ability to travel and work away from home 80% (on average during the work week) at client and/or Clarity office locations across the East, Central and/or West regions of the U.S.
- Travel to the client on a weekly basis is required. Normal weekly schedule is M-TH travel to client location (U.S. based)
Qualifications in one or more the following areas are a plus:
- Certifications in and/or deep expertise with market-leading, enterprise-class data analytics platforms
- Expertise/experience with Agile project delivery methodology for software development
- Completion of an M.S/M.B.A. degree, particularly in an Insurance industry-related or technical data analytics-related program
Why Clarity Insights, Why Consulting and Why Now?
We don’t try to be everything to everybody all the time. We specialize in Data & Analytics and will remain a platform and tool agnostic company so you can grow technically throughout your career. It sounds ridiculous but you actually need to be 100% technical and 100% business with strategy because we don’t hire non-communicative robots who have a one size fits all approach. We often could speak to a CFO or Head of Underwriting about a business or finance problem, and based on the need for real-time and affordable scalability, we can outline – in terms they can understand – why they should think about a cloud solution for big data and analytics. If we step across to the DevOps lab, we can easily pick up on a conversation about Apache committers, OSF, full stack development, microservices, containers and much more. We’re not trying to boil the ocean. We want to grow from 400 people to 1700 people in 4 years to take the market an accessible set of consulting skills. Most people join here and stay here for the people. That said, we are popular so we do rack up some travel miles. I have a million things to share about why that may change and why that must stay the same for now, but here’s a suggestion – if you LOVE Cloud Computing for Big Data and/or Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, etc we should talk.
At this time, we are only considering candidates interested in full-time employment who do not require visa sponsorships or transfers.
Clarity Insights is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity.