What will you do?
- Performs basic nursing care tasks under the direction of the RN.
- Provides basic patient care with clinical competence.
- Assists the Registered Nurses by providing patient care tasks and supportive duties in the acute setting
Required Job Specific Competencies:
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and exhibits flexibility in decision making and prioritizing assignments.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with the medical and nursing staff in all areas within the facility.
- Actively guards the confidentiality of sensitive information including but not limited to the patients, staff and the health system.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Is self directed and quickly able to adapt to variable patient care conditions and volume levels in the hospital.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Nurse Aide certificate or experience in bedside patient care in acute or long term care
- Medical terminology and introductory computer course desirable
- One year acute care experience preferred
- One year experience as CNA, EMT, Nursing Student or other suitable experience preferred
- Experience performing phlebotomy and/or EKGs highly desirable.
- Able to work different shifts ( day, evening and nights)
- Able to work on weekends and holidays
- Able to work a mix of 8 and/or 12 hour shifts
- Able to commit to working FULL TIME hours during the clinical orientation time in the nursing department
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.