BASIC POSITION DUTIES:
- Act as a liaison to HCM for daily communication about technical related issues and supporting daily delivery issues.
- Control and monitor trial and mass production design change sequence as DE and transact IPPAAR and IPP working with QA team.
- Participate in the prototype design review meeting held by customer (Maru-W) and discuss with related Honda members not limited to HCM. Review all changes considering production feasibility with SWS and GPP plants and confirm implementation to our design as well.
- Support to make design fix plan (SAP). Support to lead the project verifying all ongoing maturation items are o SAP.
- Review and establish packing standard based on internal communication with PC, QA, Delivery, and manufacturing plants.
- Assist CCSC onsite QA activities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 1 – 5 years experience in Design Engineering, Project, QA and engineering field in a tier 1 automotive supplier or equivalent experience.
- Bilingual preferred (English/Japanese)
- Wire harness knowledge preferred.
- Skilled in the areas of task management and organization
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills in order to effectively interact with customers and internal teams.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) to interact effectively with all levels of SEWS and customer personnel.
About Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. (SEWS) is part of the Sumitomo family of companies, a 400 year old brand with a reputation for quality and reliability. With the support of facilities throughout North America, SEWS has been delivering innovative solutions to automakers for over 25 years, and is a leading supplier of electrical distribution systems, components and electronics. SEWS is committed to technical development worldwide and with a global network of resources, is able to deliver a truly competitive advantage to each of our customers. Our associates are what drive Sumitomo’s continued growth, which is why we proudly offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k) with match, tuition benefits, paid holidays and vacation.
To learn more about us, please visit www.sewsus.com. Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric-wiring-systems
About the Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit Follow Us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric