Student Ministry Staff Role - any location
Reports to: Campus Pastor
Hours Commitment: Part-time or Full-time with regular weekend responsibilities.
Purpose Statement: To lead the Student Ministry team to increased effectiveness in introducing more and more people to Jesus and helping them to become fully devoted followers.
- Can articulate an identifiable salvation experience.
- Lives out a pattern of spiritual development characterized by prayer, Bible study, stewardship, and regular participation at LCBC.
- Supports LCBC’s purpose, mission, priorities, doctrinal statement, philosophy of ministry, doctrinal statement, and style of worship.
- Shows a desire to grow, develop, and mature, both spiritually and professionally.
- Displays spirit of cooperation and willingness to serve on a team.
- Exhibits pride in the image of LCBC as it reflects on the image of Christ portrayed to the congregation, staff, and guests.
- Be an LCBC Partner or willing to become a Partner within 60 days of employment.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Confident and capable in leading, developing and resourcing adult leaders.
- Has organizational management skills and can lead with excellence.
- Strong communicator who listens well and inspires others into action.
- Loves Jesus and desires that students fall in love with Jesus as well.
- Recruit, train, equip, empower, sustain and vision cast Student Ministry Volunteer teams for LIFE groups, guest experience and production regularly.
- Regularly examine and process available metrics to learn and deduce ministry effectiveness and areas for improvement.
- Fully execute the LCBC Student Ministry Blueprints and Block and Tackles.
- Oversee and execute Collide (5th - 8th grade) and HSM (9th - 12th grade) Gatherings on Weekends and Wednesday nights.
- Create a fun and exciting environment for students to connect with Jesus, friends and leaders.
- Become a sincere advocate for students in their adolescent years.
- Create an engaging team for volunteers to serve on.
- Ensure that transitions between kidMinistry and Student Ministry are strong.
- Implement centrally provided content at gatherings.
- Recruit, Train, equip and vision cast Student Ministry Volunteers for LIFE Groups, Guest Services and Production.
- Be a liaison between parents, students and LIFE Group Leaders.
- Assist with the implementation of quarterly retreats, events, and one summer serving project for HSM.
- Assist with campus specific responsibilities as designated by the Campus Pastor.
Do Everything You Can To:
- Grow Student Ministry by at least 10% annually.
- Engage emerging leaders and give them very real responsibilities.
The Student Ministry Staff will meet regularly with the Campus Pastor for planning, goal-setting, progress updates, and general coaching. A formal Action and Development Plan will be completed and reviewed three times throughout the year.