- A challenging environment and opportunity to work with a diverse array of Fortune 500 companies in clinical life sciences projects.
- Chance to work with relevant and cutting-edge technologies to analyze and solve our customer’s complex business problems with extremely passionate team members
- A growing company with a culture that highly values using a disciplined approach to take calculated risks, executes with speed, and treats employees and customers with integrity
What your role and responsibilities will be
- Collaborate with Integration team to build ETL processes to ingest data into BI stores.
- Work with the internal teams in understanding the client requirements and convert them into technical solutions.
- Be a team player in performing development work during the production life cycle.
- Experience with building stream and batch data processing systems.
- Gather and process complex raw data at scale (including writing scripts, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.).
- Design and develop data processing solutions that support high performing and scalable analytic solutions.
What you’ll need to succeed
- 3+ years in a data engineering role.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and SQL queries performance tuning.
- Good experience with RDBMS (Potgres, MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 ... etc)
- Good experience with REST APIs
- Good Experience with NOSQL databases (HBase, Mongo DB … etc)
- Experience with Impala, Hive & Presto is an asset.
- Good knowledge of the Spark/Hadoop ecosystem.
- Good knowledge of Scala/Java is an asset
- Good knowledge of Python and Shell scripting.
- Familiarity with micro-services and lambda architecture is an asset.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, phones, and photocopiers.
This position requires the frequent and repetitive use of a computer, keyboard, and mouse. Hand and finger dexterity is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Saama Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.