New College Graduate
Location: Campbell, CA
Does solving complex business problems and real-world challenges interest you? Do you enjoy seeing the impact your contributions make on a daily basis? Are you passionate about using data analytics to provide game-changing solutions to the Global 2000 clients? Do you thrive in a dynamic work environment that constantly pushes you to be the best you can be and more? Are you ready to work with smart colleagues who drive for excellence in everything they do?
If you possess a solutions mindset, and commitment to be part of a tremendous journey, come join our growing, global team. See what Saama can do for your career and for your journey.
- Learn Saama's platform and services using self-guided, computer-based and instructor-led learning in any of the following:
- Data Manipulation
- Data Quality
- Data Analysis
- Data Science
- Reporting and Dashboarding
- Business Analysis
- Work in various areas with a mentor / assigned manager to evaluate interest and capabilities
- Perform back office or customer facing project related duties
- Document progress, learnings and contributing to the knowledge base
- Create demos for sales and other purposes
- Participate in live customer projects once manager/resource management deems fit for the requirements
- Travel to customer site as necessary to perform project tasks
- Build internal IP (Intellectual property) for Saama
Impact on the business:
Through active learning, you will add innovation and new ideas to client projects and internal assignments.
- Saama Sales and Pre-sales (BSG)
- COEs – Center of excellence around Big Data, Data Science, Data management etc.
- Resource Management Group
- INTEGRITY: we do the 'right' things.
- INNOVATION: we 'change the game.'
- TRANSPARENCY: we communicate openly
- COLLABORATION: we work as one team
- PROBLEM-SOLVING: we solve core, complex business challenges
- ENJOY & CELEBRATE: we have fun
- Self-starter who gets results with minimal support and direction in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes initiative; challenges the status quo to drive change.
- Learns quickly; takes smart risks to experiment and learn.
- Works well with others; builds trust and maintains credibility.
- Planful: identifies and confirms key requirements in dynamic environments; anticipates tasks and contingencies.
- Communicates effectively; productive communication with clients and all key stakeholders communication in both verbal and written communication.
- Perseverance. Stays the course despite challenges & setbacks. Works well under pressure.
- Strong analytical skills; able to apply inductive and deductive thinking to generate solutions for complex problems.
- Bachelors, Masters of Phd in Computer Science, Information Systems, Bioinformatics, or relevant fields.
- Knowledge of programming languages like Java or Python.
- Keen interest in Data and Analytics with a great problem solving attitude
- Understanding and knowledge of databases (Oracle, MySQL); knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Cassandra) is a plus
- Knowledge of Information Visualization, Information Retrieval, and Knowledge Discovery from Data, Algorithms in R or Python or NoSQL Databases are very helpful.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, phones, and photocopiers.
This position requires the frequent and repetitive use of a computer, keyboard, and mouse. Hand and finger dexterity is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Saama Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.