Golf Sales Account Manager
Golf Sales Account Manager Northern California
Reports to: General Manager/Golf Sales
We are currently hiring for Golf Account Manager at Stocktons dealership. The Account Manager is responsible for the sales to and relationship with key Golf customer accounts for the greater Sacramento/Reno/Tahoe area. Key customers accounts represent those customer segments that have a significant impact on the dealer-business but develop and maintain relationships with the dealership enterprise through a trusted advisor. Responsibilities could include: sales, customer support, technical support, planning and key customer account business operational optimization.
- Manages key customer account relationships to provide a differentiated customer experience.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, validates and communicates key customer account needs on an ongoing basis.
- Provides value to key customer accounts by developing solutions that save time, reduce risk and increase profits.
- Develops a contact plan that meet the individual needs of your key customer accounts.
- Meets sales volume and sales objectives on assigned key customer accounts.
- Influences customer account trade cycles and current and future needs.
- Updates and retains relevant customer account information such as equipment and operational information in the customer relationship management system
- Engages with dealership personnel (Parts, Service) when needed in completing a sale, answering customer account questions and ensuring customer account needs are met.
- Represents the company for the sale of equipment, parts, labor, and technology-based products and services to assigned customer accounts.
- Maintains current product knowledge of all equipment, parts, and services available to customer accounts.
- Maintains current knowledge of financing and risk management options to assist customer accounts with securing the purchase of a solution.
- Maintains and communicates current knowledge of customer account operational requirements, both agronomic/turf industry and / or business goals.
- Monitors and timely communicates any competitive activity to management.
- Coordinates new equipment field demonstrations.
- Actively participates in local/regional industry associations.
- Attends applicable sales training events/seminars.
- Maintains assigned company vehicles and equipment.
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 2-5 years Golf Industry experience
- Extensive knowledge of John Deere and competitive equipment as well as technology trends/advancements
- Business, financial and logistical management knowledge
- Knowledge of relevant agronomic practices and trends
- Knowledge of key customer account agronomic operations
- Ability to use software applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Excellent customer relationship skills with current and future decision makers
- Bachelors degree in business, finance / accounting, golf course/turf maintenance or agriculture-related discipline or equivalent work experience