ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Journeyman Electrician at CheniereSabinePass,NO PERDIEM
Industrial Journeyman Electricians will install, repair, and maintain electrical wiring, conduit, equipment, and fixtures. They will work on underground cable and conduit installation, terminating, and equipment installation.
- Must have 4+ years of experience as a Journeyman Industrial Electrician.
- Must possess all Knowledge Skills and Abilities for positions (see below).
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements.
- Must be able to work at heights in excess of 300 ft.
- Must have all required tools.
- Must have Electrical Apprentice License at a minimum.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Identify all tools required for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Cut, bend and run conduit as specified on blueprints.
- Install, modify and fabricate cable tray as necessary according to specifications.
- Pull the cable through specified pathways.
- Assemble and install electrical equipment.
- Terminate wires and cable to electrical equipment such as but not limited to breakers, control panels, and distribution systems.
- Test electrical components for continuity and proper voltage readings according to specifications.
- Inspect electrical equipment and components to identify hazards and to ensure the equipment is in good operational condition.
- Setup and maintain temporary power systems.
- Install and maintain grounding systems for all equipment and structures.
- Hoist equipment and tools into a location via bull rigging or crane.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to read blueprints and schematics proficiently to perform duties.
- Must be able to demonstrate former knowledge and experience working on high voltage systems.
- Must have worked as an Industrial electrical helper or as an Industrial Electrician for a minimum of 4 years.
- Must know basic electrical theory for example but not limited to ohms law.
- Must be able to install and modify cable tray using hand tools and power tools.
- Must be able to bend and cut conduit using hand saws, hand tube bending equipment as well as power and hydraulic cutting and tube bending devices.
- Must be proficient in cable pulling methods use to run the cable through specified pathways.
- Must be able to use specialized electrical tools such as but not limited to ohm meters, multi-meters, and terminating devices.
- Must be able to terminate both High and low voltage equipment and cable/wiring.
- Must have mechanical and electrical knowledge of components relative to a Liquefied Natural Gas Plant.
- Must be able to troubleshoot equipment and systems for electrical malfunctions.
- Must be able to identify different types, gauges, and color of cables and wires.
- Must be able to follow instructions correctly.
- Must be reliable, accountable, and consistent in performing administrative processes.
- Must be able to illustrate knowledge and experience of working with a lock out tag out system.
- Must be willing and able to follow all instructed safety regulations.
- Must be able to make it to work on time and work the designated schedule and any overtime as needed with the proper notification.
Preferred Additional Qualification
- Current Zachry or Zachry ROFed employee.
- Former experience working with Zachry Industrial, Inc.
- Licensed Journeyman Electrician.
- National Center for Construction Education and Researchs (NCCER) certification for Industrial Journeyman Electrician.
This position does not have any direct reports; however the position will work closely with and oversee on occasion of helper and labor positions. The position will hold a positional and expertise authority of the helper and laborer positions.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to pick up, lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and may occasionally work off of platforms/scaffolding using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions (including heat, rain, cold and wind) while wearing appropriate PPE.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/spoggles, ear plugs, masks/respirators, hi-vis safety vests, leather gloves.