Requisition Number: COOKS02404
Did you know hearty, healthy meals make people happier? It’s true—multiple studies show nutritious meals are linked to increased happiness, energy, and satisfaction. If you want to help enhance the lives of our residents through food, this is the perfect job for you.
Walker Methodist Levande is a senior housing community offering senior living with services and assisted living services in Cambridge. Walker Methodist is a faith-based, nonprofit senior living organization that's been serving older adults since 1945. We provide housing, healthcare, rehabilitation, and services to seniors and the people who support them.
Walker Methodist Levande seeks an experienced Cook to prepare resident meals. If you have the skills, experience, and awareness in following recipes, portion control, presentation guidelines, and specific therapeutic diets, the Culinary Services team is ready to welcome you!
Schedule: Full-time and Part-Time schedules available! **includes every other weekend**
- High school diploma or equivalent
- ServSafe certification or ability to obtain within three months of hire
- At least one year experience as a cook or attending culinary school
- Able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures
- Pleasant, tactful, respectful, and professional with residents, family members, healthcare staff, and team members