Voyager Therapeutics is a clinical-stage gene therapy company focused on developing life-changing treatments for severe neurological diseases. Voyager is committed to advancing the field of AAV gene therapy through innovation and investment in vector engineering and optimization, manufacturing and dosing and delivery techniques. Voyager’s pipeline focuses on severe neurological diseases in need of effective new therapies, including Parkinson’s disease, a monogenic form of ALS called SOD1, Huntington’s disease, Friedreich’s ataxia, neurodegenerative diseases related to defective or excess aggregation of tau protein in the brain including Alzheimer’s disease and other tauopathies, neurodegenerative diseases related to defective or excess aggregation of alpha-synuclein protein in the brain including Parkinson’s disease and other synucleinopathies, and severe, chronic pain. Voyager has strategic collaborations with Sanofi Genzyme, AbbVie and Neurocrine Biosciences. Founded by scientific and clinical leaders in the fields of AAV gene therapy, expressed RNA interference and neuroscience, Voyager Therapeutics is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Voyager Therapeutics is looking for a broadly experienced, results-oriented and creative drug development leader who enjoys building and leading high-performing teams in a rapidly evolving area. As Voyager’s Program Leader for our most advanced clinical-stage asset, VY-AADC for Parkinsons Disease, this individual will play a central role in advancing the program through registrational clinical studies, preparing for successful global regulatory filings and launches, and simultaneously developing and evolving a broader life cycle management plan. This bridge-building leader will integrate a core focus on delivering highly-meaningful improvements in mobility and quality of life for people living with Parkinsons’ Disease with the opportunity to pioneer a whole new class of therapies. Serving as a focal point for cross-functional and cross-company planning, collaboration, and execution, this individual will play a highly-visible and impactful role in advancing the VY-AADC program in a way that expands Voyager’s core capabilities and charts the course for our earlier stage pipeline.. While primarily focused on VY-AADC for Parkinsons’ Disease, this leader will also contribute to the broader portfolio strategy and maturation of Voyager as an organization, working closely with functional leaders from across the organization to build a high-performing, results-oriented culture and the supporting capabilities. This individual demonstrates a high degree of business acumen, a highly collaborative, trust-building style, and laser-focus on driving results through effective communication, decision making, and follow-through.
- Serve as the central point of operational leadership and cross-functional coordination for Voyager’s exciting Parkinson’s Disease Program as it advances through registration enabling Ph2/3 clinical trials.
- Drive development, evolution and execution of aggressive global development plans, including deliverables, timelines, budgets, contingency plans and stakeholder engagement
- Build strong working relationships with collaboration partners of all levels, demonstrating the ability to move fluidly from serving as a respected strategic conversation partner with C-level executives to helping accelerate less experienced team member’s develop
- Work closely with Alliance Management colleagues to ensure transparent communication andcollaborative planning/decision making are constantly reinforced and strengthened through high-functioning relationships, processes, and tools.
- Partner effectively with functional leaders and team-representatives to ensure effective program-function communication, alignment, and decision making
- Ensure strong integration, relationship building, and operational execution with external Device & Delivery partners during clinical development while also building a strong foundation for future commercialization.
- Drive and instill continuous process improvement initiatives/mindset across the organization to build capability, streamline processes and improve communication and flow of information up/down across the business.
- Develop and implement effective operational processes for tracking and reporting progress in an integrated way across timelines, resources, and key milestones.
- Create and monitor (KPI’s) key performance indicators at the portfolio and program level, highlighting progress, risks, and mitigation options.
- Assist with the formation and leadership of various sub teams; (Research, CMC, Pre- Clinical, Commercial) within program team umbrella to ensure alignment and efficient delivery against overall program goals
- Foster high-performing team cultures with clear expectations, effective use of time, clear accountability, and efficient follow-up.
- Play a highly visible and impactful role in linking Corporate Resource Planning with portfolio strategy, operational planning, and resource prioritization trade-offs
- Partner with leaders in Commercial and Medical Affairs to ensure development and delivery of an innovative “Go-to-Market” strategy that sets the stage for a highly successful launch
- Prepare and deliver presentation materials for Joint Steering Committee, Portfolio Management Committee, Management Team, and Board of Director meetings
- A minimum of a Bachelor‘s degree required
- An advanced degree (i.e. MS, MBA, PharmD, PhD, etc.)
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience in Program/Alliance leadership/drug development, consulting, project or operational management roles is required
- In-depthunderstanding of the drug development process spanning across all stages (nonclinical, clinical, CMC, RA/QA, commercial strategy and development)
- Demonstrated impact in cross-functional drug development leadership roles required, with strong preference for having led multiple program and/or functional teams through the transitions from early to late development and subsequent launch.
- Ability to create world-classprogram management initiatives/strategies and cultivate collaborative relationships across teams and functions, at all levels of the organization
- Skilled communicator, equally comfortable with written and verbal interaction across business, clinical and scientific content.
- Ability to think creatively, integrate different functional/individual perspectives, and build alignment towards a shared sense of purpose.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment.
- Highly organized and disciplined in approach.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work in a collaborative, scalable fashion.