US Medical Director, Neurology
Sanofi Genzyme focuses on developing specialty treatments for debilitating diseases that are often difficult to diagnose and treat, providing hope to patients and their families. Learn more at www.sanofigenzyme.com.
Job Title: US Medical Director, Neurology
In a matrix environment, the Medical Director for US Medical will perform a key role in the continuing clinical and commercial development of LEMTRADA in MS as well as important PIPELINE assets in MS and other neurologic diseases inclusive of Chronic Inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP) and Parkinson's disease. Importantly, he/she will set the US strategy for the brand and for PIPELINE assets in collaboration with his/her cross functional colleagues. The Medical Director will also execute activities related to investigator and expert (KOL/HCP) outreach, investigator sponsored trials, company sponsored non-registration trials, publication planning, grants, and sponsorships. As part of the execution of Sanofi Genzyme strategy, he/she will work closely with the leadership of Sanofi Genzyme's US and Global Medical, Clinical Research, Commercial and Product Management functions. This position will report to the Head, North America Neurology Medical.
- Support the US initiative for MS and other Neurology thought leader relationship-building. The Medical Director is responsible for cultivating current and future MS and other neurology experts in academic and clinical medicine across the US. Through these relationships, the Medical Director will gain meaningful expert insights that influence priority areas of the Clinical Development and the product Life Cycle Planning teams in support of business, clinical, and scientific strategy.
- Defines and develops KOL management plan, ensuring recommendations are acknowledged in our plans. Develops best knowledge of the brand and PIPELINE with top regional and international KOLs to ensure accurate communication.
- Support the US Medical effort to define and continually hone LEMTRADA brand strategy in compliant collaboration with US Marketing. The Medical Director must harbor a deep understanding of the B/R profile of the drug as well as PIPELINE assets and utilize this knowledge to optimize brand and PIPELINE asset success in a highly competitive environment.
- Work closely with Clinical, Pharmacovigilance, and Statistics to further differentiate the brand through meaningful post-hoc data analyses and B/R profile / target population refinement.
- Supports communication strategy for data generated by the company in collaboration with the Medical Communications Director, internal contributors, and agencies.
- Ensure that he/she and his/her team provide Medical support, education, and guidance to Commercial Marketing, Sales, & Market Access teams. Support will include presentations, representative training, promotional materials review, and the rapid & reliable fulfillment of requests for Medical input.
- Liaises with Neurology Global Medical Directors and the other US Neurology Medical Leads to substantiate alignment in shared endeavors across the Neurology Medical Organization. Establishes a strong network between all team members. Ensures internal knowledge on key projects by communicating on activities, Ad Boards, key results / project updates, and external meetings as close partner to top KOLs.
- Works closely with agencies for all activities which are outsourced, together with Purchasing, Controlling, Legal, etc.; has responsibility for the financial management of the project including budget planning and preparation of monthly reports.
- Defines and respects timelines and budgets.
- MD, PhD, or PharmD required
- At least 2 years of experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry in Medical with experience working with cross-functional in-house and field-based teams
- Expertise in Multiple Sclerosis and/or Neurology preferred
- Experience in both clinical development and patient care preferred
- Excellent interpersonal expertise
- Exemplary presentation skills
- Collaborative and transparent leadership capabilities
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Apply For Role My Candidate Account