Systems Engineer for Conceptual Design
5 months ago(5/13/2019 12:34 PM)
Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,800 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
The Draper System Modeling and Assurance Division is seeking a self-motivated systems engineer to join a team tackling an exciting blank-slate design challenge. The team will apply a multi-disciplinary approach to model system behavior and measure mission performance. They will specify innovative concepts that integrate advanced technologies in order to solve challenging national problems while satisfying existing constraints and maximizing stakeholder value. The ideal candidate has detailed knowledge of current, advanced defense platforms, such as U.S. Navy submarines, while also having interest in becoming knowledgeable in additional problem domains, as needed. Typical tasks include: identifying relevant modeling and analysis techniques, developing or integrating multi-domain quantitative models, and presenting results that support system-level analysis, performance trade-offs, and decision-making.
Please include a cover letter to describe your particular interest in this position.
- BS degree, or higher, in engineering (ME, EE, Aero, Industrial), Computer Science, or relevant technical field of study.
- Experience formulating and developing quantitative models or applications in MATLAB, Simulink, C/C++, Python, JMP, or Java.
- Track record of interaction with Customer (DoD) representatives to understand desires and constraints to develop system requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of U.S. Navy Submarine construction and operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication to all levels of management.
- Ability to organize and lead multidisciplinary teams towards mission accomplishment.
Applicants selected for this position will be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance.
Experience with any of the following is preferred, but not required, for consideration for this position:
- Experience training and assessing multidisciplinary team performance.
- Conceptual system design methods such as Tradespace Exploration (TSE), Multi-Objective Decision Making (MODM), and/or Multi-Disciplinary Design and Optimization (MDAO) techniques.
- Requirements exploration, prioritization and analysis methods such as quality function deployment (QFD), analytical hierarchy process (AHP), affinity diagrams or design of experiments (DOE).
- Formal Systems Engineering process and requirements management training.
- Current Top Secret security clearance.
Connect With Draper for Future Opportunities!
If you don't find the right posting in our Career Opportunities, you may submit your resume for future consideration.