6 months ago(4/11/2019 11:20 AM)
Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,800 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Strategic Systems Engineering & Analysis group at Draper is seeking a Systems Engineer with broad technical skills to work within multidisciplinary teams to conceptualize, develop, analyze, and assess robust solutions for a strategic system involving inertial navigation.
A successful candidate will be:
- Highly motivated to support the delivery of technology solutions that are of strategic importance to the nation
- Dedicated to developing the in-depth mission and technology domain expertise that enable realization of such solutions for complex systems
- Capable of planning and executing individual tasks on a multidisciplinary team, as well as leading small teams as necessary
Tasking depends on current customer needs, and may include any of the following: identification of customer needs, development of use cases, requirements analysis and flow-down, system concept/architecture development (including analysis of alternatives), system design, interface definition/control, verification/test planning, development of systems engineering documentation, model development, vehicle and mission-level simulation development, performance assessment, documentation of analysis results, and presentation of results to both internal and external customers/ stake-holders.
The candidate should be a highly motivated self-starter with willingness to learn and participate in an exciting team environment. The opportunity to work as part of team developing a state-of-the-art GN&C system will provide exposure to a wide range of advanced technologies, including inertial sensors, precision electronics, and advanced algorithms and will enable significant growth opportunities for a motivated individual.
Applicants must have the following key qualifications:
- An M.S. degree or higher in areas of: Aero/Astro, Mechanical, Electrical, or equivalent engineering discipline or a B.S. degree with 15+ years of relevant professional experience
- Candidates should have demonstrated experience and sound knowledge in technologies relevant to Strategic Systems, for example: Systems Engineering, GN&C, Aerospace applications, sensors, as well as practical systems engineering skills required to integrate core technologies
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex technical ideas to a broad audience
Any of the following additional qualifications are desirable:
- Experience leading technical teams
- Experience with Strategic Systems
- Experience with Guidance, Navigation, and Control areas
- Systems engineering experience with integrated hardware/software systems in the defense industry
- Working knowledge of Matlab, Simulink or equivalent
- Working knowledge of SysML, DOORS and/or requirements traceability software
Applicants selected for this position will be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance.
Connect With Draper for Future Opportunities!
If you don't find the right posting in our Career Opportunities, you may submit your resume for future consideration.