Assist in providing support services to the interdisciplinary care team and patients through activities related to cleaning, stocking, clerical duties, transport, and one-to-one monitoring of patients under the direction of a licensed nurse.
- Cleaning of patient rooms, common areas, and equipment on the patient care unit are completed per established standards.
- Errands are carried out as requested per established guidelines.
- Patient supplies and equipment are stored in accordance with infection control and safety policies.
- Daily supplies are distributed for direct caregivers to meet patient needs.
- Telephone is answered and requests addressed per established standards.
- Patient equipment is readied for transport and patient is taken to destination.
- Equipment and supplies are transported within the patient care unit and other departments to meet established need.
- Meal tray assistance is provided to ensure efficiency with distribution, set up, and removal.
- Unoccupied beds are made per established guidelines.
- Patients are assisted with operation of television, telephone and other equipment in the patient room.
- Patients at risk for safety issues are monitored per established guidelines.
- Room preparation assistance is provided in anticipation of new admission.
- Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
- PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of all competencies required for the Unit Service Aide within 3 months of employment.
Skills (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
- Effective verbal, electronic and written communications skills using the English language.
- Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
- Maintain variable work schedule to meet department needs. (evenings and nights, holidays, weekends and travel).
- Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
- Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
- Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
- High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
- Attention to detail.