Senior Test Engineer, System Design & Verification
8 months ago(2/27/2019 12:49 PM)
Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,800 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
Position seeks engineer with 7-10+ years’ experience to work in a multidisciplinary team environment performing integration, test and evaluation of GN&C systems. Responsibilities include:
- Performance and requirements validation (tests, analyses, demonstrations) will be planned and executed to established schedules and budgets. The ability to work and succeed within a process-oriented setting is critical, as is the ability to thoroughly document and communicate one’s work to a technical audience.
- The candidate will work with and may lead other team members in the integration and performance assessment of modules, prepare Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs) and supporting data analysis, along with conducting Test Data Reviews (TDRs).
- The candidate may be required to evaluate components and subsystems comprised of hardware and software elements to ensure their readiness for system-level integration and test.
- Key job elements include problem identification and resolution, planning and execution of tests using dynamic test equipment including vibration tables, centrifuges, rate tables, vacuum and thermal chambers, and communicating regular status reports to management.
- Performance validation (tests, analyses, demonstrations) will be planned and executed to established schedules and budgets.
- The ability to work and succeed within a process-oriented setting is critical, as is the ability to thoroughly document and communicate one’s work to a technical audience.
This position seeks candidate with the following qualifications:
- Engineer with 5-10+ years’ experience with bachelor of science in EE, ME, CE/CS or Physics (MS preferred).
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and capable of working at a high technical level with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead a project team and project.
- Excellent communication, collaborative, and interpersonal skills are required working in a process oriented environment complying with procedures.
- The ability to document designs, simulations and test results for distribution and present to a technical audience.
- A technical background in GN&C systems and experience designing or evaluating inertial instruments or inertial systems.
- Ability to Document activities such as test plans, procedures, configuration and test results.
- Proficiency in MATLAB, SIMULINK, LabVIEW, Solid Works or similar modeling tools.
- Experience in any of the following areas would be a plus: vibration and , heat transfer, signal processing, data acquisition and analysis, control theory, system error modeling, inertial system modeling and test, integration and test of HW and SW elements, commercial test instrumentation (power supplies, meters, etc.), and electronics-based components and subassemblies (breadboard HW, etc.).
Applicants selected for this position will be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance.
Connect With Draper for Future Opportunities!
If you don't find the right posting in our Career Opportunities, you may submit your resume for future consideration.