Sr Technical Program Manager, Amazon Data Services
Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them.
Are you passionate about Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning? Are you eager to build out the platform as a service and scale the product for all Customer personas? Thrilled to be part of Amazon's AI organization that has been pioneering and shaping the world’s AI technology? If you are someone who enjoys innovating, solving hard problems and working on the cutting edge of technology, come join ADS (Alexa Data Services) team! The ADS organization focuses on providing ground truth data to Alexa engineers and scientists to build and improve ML models and continue evolve Alexa experience for Amazon customers.
Key job responsibilities
· Drive the roadmap for the team in alignment with business strategies and priorities.
· Prioritize the intake and manage the backlog of requests.
· Act as the technical and functional interface between the partner teams and software development.
· Run in front of the software development team, helping define user stories, research appropriate technical solutions, and provide guidance to the team regarding architecture, design, and priorities.
· Translate feature requests into technical specifications and influence design and architectural decisions.
· Apply project management and Agile methodology skills to manage scope, plan work, coordinate resource deployment on tasks, analyze risks/develop mitigation strategies and proactively identify and resolve issues.
· Help make the right feature trade-offs to ship software without compromising customer experience or business relevance.
· Engage with many teams across the Alexa, evangelizing the team and your project, building relationships and helping identify existing components and technologies that can be leveraged to deliver on our goals.
· Provide leadership and perspective, and drive stakeholders to decisions in ambiguous situations.
· Apply continuous improvement methodologies to analyze and understand existing processes and workflows.
A day in the life
This Senior TPM role’s scope includes defining strategy, processes and requirements, and leading cross functional development teams from design through delivery. You will be accountable for driving the entire product lifecycle, from platform product definition through specification, coding, quality assurance and launch to the world. Most importantly, you will influence engineering teams to build the right solutions. You will be also responsible for creating leverage by ensuring capabilities are reusable and scalable to world-wide legislative changes. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
About the team
Alexa Data Services provides ground truth data to Alexa engineers and scientists to build and improve ML models and continue evolving Alexa experience for Amazon customers.
· Are you passionate about Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning?
· Are you eager to build out the platform as a service and scale the product for all Customer personas?
· Are you thrilled to be part of Amazon's AI organization that has been pioneering and shaping the world’s AI technology?
· If you are someone who enjoys innovating, solving hard problems and working on the cutting edge of technology, come join ADS team!
· 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· 5+ years of technical program management experience
· Passion for creating innovative solutions for consumers in households.
· Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
· High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
· History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
· Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.