Position Overview: We are seeking an innovative (Senior) Scientist to work in the Antigen and Product Discovery team, which is responsible for selecting the tumor antigens that are targeted by Repertoire’s PRIME T cell therapies. The candidate will participate in understanding and improving the targeting and functionality of our PRIME T cell therapy by establishing and applying cancer-specific ex-vivo immunotherapy cell culture models that will support the selection and validation of tumor antigen targets across patients and tumor types. Both on-target and off-target (safety-related) properties of well known and poorly studied cancer antigens are of interest. The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of developing novel immunology-based assays or ex-vivo cancer culture models for solving complex biological problems, as well as a broad understanding of immunotherapies and their applications to cancer treatment. The position will be lab-based and as part of a multi-disciplinary team, the candidate will work closely with the departments of Computational Biology, Cell Therapy Discovery, Discovery Immunology and Preclinical Pharmacology teams to identify and prioritize therapeutic targets for clinical development.
The successful candidate will have the ability to independently design experiments, analyze complex data, troubleshoot technical issues, and supervise junior staff. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills will enable them to integrate with our highly cross functional teams. Experimental rigor and scientific curiosity are key! The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to evolving priorities is a must. Salary and title will be commensurate with experience.
- Lead effort to prioritize and validate tumor T cell targets for Repertoire’s Immuno-oncology program in collaboration with multiple other teams. Contribute to understanding of biological properties of candidate targets.
- Drive innovative research into effector-target interactions in ex-vivo cell culture models of tumor immunotherapy. Establish and culture 2D and 3D tumor cell lines and T cell co-culture systems.
- Collaborate with the Cell Therapy Discovery team to ensure the development of robust methods for ex-vivo T cell priming to novel classes of tumor antigens.
- Contribute to the development of functional immunological and analytical methods to characterize the response of the T cell product to cancer specific antigens, such as multi-color flow cytometry and sorting, T cell co-culture systems, MHC/peptide tetramer analysis, ELISpot, Luminex, and other related immune assays.
- Independently plan and execute experimental projects with minimal supervision.
- Capture primary data and document work as required in Electronic Laboratory Notebook(ELN), maintaining up to date records.
- Train research associates to accomplish program and company goals within designated timelines.
- Analyze, summarize and communicate data to team leadership and project teams.
- Ph.D., M.D. in Immunology or Cancer Biology with minimum of 2 years of working experience in academia or industry, M.S. with more than 5 years, or B.S. with more than7 years of working experience in immunology / oncology.
- Expert in the development and application of T cell immunology or tumor biology related assays.
- In-depth experience with general in vitro cell culture / immunology techniques, including culture of primary cell lines.
- Strong mastery of multi-color flow cytometry for T cell characterization.
- Experience with T cell-based assays such as MHC/peptide tetramer, ELISpot, Luminex, cytotoxicity, and TCR sequencing is a plus.
- Experience with 3D tumor spheroid assays is a plus.
- Experience with TIL isolation from tumor biopsies, culture and phenotyping is a plus.
- Highly adaptable and responsive to evolving strategic, technical and business opportunities.
- Excellent attention to detail, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven track record of being personable, energetic, accountable, and an effective communicator.
- Must work well independently as well as an integral part of the team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment.