This role is part of Research and Development Operations group at Repertoire Immune Medicine. We harness and deploy the intrinsic ability of T cells to prevent and cure disease. Our Research and Development scientists created and developed a suite of technologies for its DECODE discovery and DEPLOY product platforms that allow in-depth characterization of the immune synapse and the ability to rationally design and clinically develop multi-clonal immune medicines.
What you will do:
You will provide project management support to research and clinical stage drug development projects and works alongside Scientific Project and Program Team Leads to deliver on project/program plans, budget and overall support, ensuring alignment across functions and projects. The Project Manager plays a critical role in facilitating the use of processes and tools, risk assessment and mitigation, strategic plans, resource plans, cross-functional plans and timelines across their projects/programs.
- Support and work alongside the Scientific Project/Program Leads to drive projects and programs to successful outcomes
- Facilitate project team meetings, including meeting agendas, minutes, action items, and decisions
- Proactively identify and communicate critical path items to PTLs and teams
- Ensure functional activities are carried out according to timelines and within budgeted costs/resources
- Develop project plans and timelines; manage the execution of project plans; track and manage milestones within the defined scope, time and cost constraints; support coordination and communication between teams
- Facilitate team preparation for data-driven recommendations for key decisions, enabling endorsement by Stakeholders
- Proactively identify project issues, including those related to timing, resources and funding, to prevent delays in project milestones. Responsible for taking active role in issue resolution and risk mitigation plans
- Support project partnerships and alliances, and business development activities, as needed
- Support overall Project Management function by contributing to establishment of project standards, templates, and processes
What you will bring to the role:
- Bachelor of Science degree (Biology, molecular biology, microbiology preferred)
- Minimum 10-15 years in pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry, including 4-10 years in project management, leading cross functional project teams across product development
- Experience managing the financial aspects of project management, including planning, negotiating, budgeting, and reporting
- Proficiency with common project management tools, practices, and methodology, including MS Project
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks and adjust to changing
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks and adjust to changing priorities to deliver results to tight deadlines
- Ability to think critically, interpret regulations and/or standards, apply them to changes and determine resulting course of actions
- Strong influencing skills including negotiation, meetings management, and group dynamics, ability to balance concerns of line management with objectives of cross functional teams
- Good understanding of research, development, and drug-development processes.
- Ability to rationalize both strategically and tactically and be able to present recommendations to senior leaders and key stakeholders
- Dynamic, independent, flexible, well-organized, pro-active, collaborative-minded individual interested in contributing to excellent research science in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.