Senior Embedded Systems EngineerJob LocationUS-MA-CambridgePosted Date2 months ago(1/2/2020 9:08 AM)Requisition ID2019-3887
Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,800 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are seeking an enthusiastic well rounded Senior Embedded Systems Engineer for the Mixed-Signal Embedded Systems Group. This is an electrical design engineering position that requires the ability to apply sound engineering and project management principles for the leadership and execution of sensor/actuator development projects within the Electronics Division.
The ideal candidate is someone who works well in cross-functional teams and has systems engineering and/or integration background in electronics with experience designing complex sensors/actuators and wireless systems with low size, weight, and power requirements.
- System architecture design
- Detailed analysis design and capture
- Manage PCB layout design resources
- Prototype bring up and debugging
- Functional verification
- Performance characterization
- BSEE, MSEE preferred
- 7+ years overall experience
- Great EE fundamentals
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Experience with small embedded digital / analog systems, especially low power embedded processors (ARM, DSP, MCU, etc.) high speed embedded memory interfaces such as DDR2/3, micro-SD, eMMC and standards-based digital communications protocols such as Ethernet, 802.11x, USB 2.0/3.0, etc.
- Experience in the following areas is important: system integration, processor selection, analog integration, sensor design and integration, data acquisition, sampling and control theory, digital signal processing techniques and low power design
- System grounding/shielding and EMI mitigation techniques for complex sensor/actuator systems, which may include high frequency switched-mode power electronics, RF circuitry, and high speed digital electronics located in close physical proximity with precision sensors/actuators.
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, and functional verification
- Design of experiments creation, execution and data analysis.
This position will require the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance. Main requirement for a security clearance is US Citizenship.
Connect With Draper for Future Opportunities!
If you don't find the right posting in our Career Opportunities, you may submit your resume for future consideration.