Launched by Flagship Pioneering, the company is founded on the premise that the repertoire of T cell receptor-antigen interactions that drive health and disease represents one of the greatest opportunities for innovation in medical science. Repertoire also sees data and computational methods as strategic assets on par with biologics, and, is building a first-in-kind platform bringing all of these elements together to decode the immune synapse and deploy the resulting insights to the treatment, cure and prevention of cancer, autoimmune conditions and infectious diseases.
Reporting to the EVP of Corporate Development, the successful candidate will be responsible for helping to build and maintain relationships with pharma companies, research institutions, foundations, and collaborators. He/she will do this with the focus of identifying, securing, pursuing, and closing partnerships and license agreements for our clinical and pre-clinical assets as well as our various technologies. and in developing strategic alliances with Big Pharma.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help to establish and execute our business development strategy
by establishing and growing collaborations and partnering opportunities
- Develop and execute on license out and license in opportunities that follow Repertoire’s strategy
- Build & maintain a business development funnel of opportunities thorough a solid understanding of the global immunotherapy landscape.
- Coordinate our interfaces with sub-teams i.e. senior management, academic community, other biotech companies, & pharma, as well as venture capitalists and various industry consultants and subject matter experts.
- Collaborate and drive decision-making regarding specific business opportunities with internal R&D departments, Contracts/Legal, Intellectual Property, Finance, & Manufacturing, along with external partners.
- Summarize duties and responsibilities for the implementation of a partnership
- Serve as an ongoing internal champion of these partnerships as needed and ensure that stakeholders are kept informed and fulfill their obligations towards the success of the partnerships
- Work with EVP Corporate Development to negotiate terms and execute and manage agreements with outside partners that are consistent with needs particularly with regard to large strategic alliances with Big Biotech and Pharma.
- Work with CFO and financial organization to generate financial models: in some instances, he/she may lead market work to substantiate key aspects of the financial model
- Develop the strategic, financial, and legal aspects of potential opportunities in order to present a compelling and clear case to the executive team resulting in sound investment and alliance decisions
- Domestic and international travel will be required, including annual conferences and client meetings when appropriate.
- BS and PhD: MBA preferred
- Relevant drug development and commercial experience
- Strategic thinker with the ability to take business leaders’ concerns and demands into account in how best to pursue business strategies
- Experience in both the financial and legal aspects of negotiating deals
- Well- developed negotiation skills with a successful track record of closing transactions
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written) and a demonstrated ability to communicate with and successfully influence senior level management, executives, key clients, and stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to analyze complicated issues and synthesize to the salient points, develop resulting action plans and execute to conclusion
- Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs and people.
- Ability to think outside the box as regards potential business opportunities for the company