Voyager Therapeutics is a clinical-stage gene therapy company focused on developing life-changing treatments for severe neurological diseases. Voyager is committed to advancing the field of AAV gene therapy through innovation and investment in vector engineering and optimization, manufacturing, and dosing and delivery techniques. Voyager's wholly owned and partnered pipeline focuses on severe neurological diseases for which effective new therapies are needed, including Parkinson's disease, Huntington's disease, Friedreich's ataxia, and other severe neurological diseases.
Voyager is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Scientist/Senior Scientist who shares our passion for the promise of gene therapy. The successful candidate will work with our multidisciplinary team in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The candidate will lead multiple functions within in vivo testing during preclinical testing of our AAV gene therapies.
- Partner with program-leads for various disease and platform-targets to ensure timely generation of pivotal in vivo datasets.
- Mouse and rat surgical and non-surgical dosing, in-life observations, behavioral analyses, microdissections etc.
- This is an ideal position for an individual with a strong background in preclinical CNS drug development focused on in vivo testing of gene therapies, who thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and cross-disciplinary biotech environment.
- A minimum of a Master's degree with 8 years of professional work experience -OR- a Ph.D. with a minimum of 1-3 plus years of professional work experience in in vivo drug discovery.
- Demonstrated track-record of success with development of novel dosing routes of drug administration including stereotaxic injection and IT/ICM injections in mouse and rat models.
- Hands-on experience in leading in vivo efforts to support discovery programs.
- Ability to independently design, execute and interpret experimental data.
- Ability to function and communicate effectively in a highly productive multi-disciplinary environment.
- Experience in small animal survival surgery (e.g. rodent) with basic understanding of neuroanatomy.
- Prior experience managing cross functional teams with a proven track record of operating in a dynamic and fast-paced industry setting highly preferred.